Khud se khud ki yeh kaisi jung hai... pal pal yeh dil ghabraye

Title is the popular song 'Haule haule se hawa chalti hai'

Naina woke up to different surroundings than she was used to. Her eyes slowly absorbed the unfamiliar ceiling, walls, curtains... the room wasn't hers. She closed her eyes, waited for few seconds, and opened them again. It was a new room, definitely. She jolted up, looking around in panic.

And her eyes landed on Sameer, sleeping on the other side of bed. Her hand successfully muffled the gasp that escaped. Placing other hand on her thumping heart, she looked around again. And it started to come back to her... she was in his room... because she was married to him.

Naina brought down her shaking hands to her lap, twisting her fingers as everything came back to her in a flash. It was probably the effect of sound sleep that she was in a dazed state. She was astonished how she could sleep like a log in a new bed, new house, new surroundings... as a different person than she had always been... as somebody's wife. Looked like Sameer had a soporific effect on her... besides various other effects.

Her cheeks coloured as she remembered the touch of his lips, and the touch of his rough jaw. Her hand flew to her face where the skin still tingled from the feel. It would be so gratifying to just give in to her heart's desires, and fall into his arms... forever. Her love for him had been growing leaps and bounds each day. He was not ready to give up, in spite of her refusal. Neither did her denial lessen his ways of expressing love for her... yet, the respect he had for her was evident from all his actions.

"Tum itne achhe kyon ho, Sameer?" Her heart screamed as she looked at him, her helpless love flowing out of her eyes.

Naina was not in the room when Sameer woke up. A quick look at her side of the bed confirmed she had slept here. He checked the washroom, which was unoccupied. She definitely had not taken a bath yet. The reason of her absence dawned on him a second later, and he rushed out... to Ayush's room. Halting at the door, he absorbed the scene in front of him. Ayush was in Naina's arms, his legs locked behind her, his arms wrapped around her neck. With his head buried in her neck, they stood near the glass door. Sameer moved to the side of the door, away from their direct line of vision in case they turned. But they were lost in their own world, talking in soft tones. He couldn't hear the exact words but he could make out Naina's soothing voice as she comforted Ayush, who must have missed her last two days. They turned to the side, giving Sameer a view of their profile. The little boy lifted his head, looked at Naina with a bright smile and bobbed his head vigorously... probably a promise, or an acceptance of his demand. With a squeal, Ayush kissed Naina's cheek, before speaking in an excited voice, "I love you, Naina."

In return, she rubbed her nose against his, smiling indulgently, "I love you, Ayush."

"Tum sabse best ho... poore world mein." He squeezed her in a hug again.

Even with shut eyes, Naina knew the touch. Sameer wrapped his arms around both of them, with Ayush in between, and declared, "Naina sach mein best hai, poore world mein."

Her eyes shot open, to find Sameer leaning on Ayush, a grin on his face. She stilled, unable to move as both boys kept her in a tight embrace.

(Well, I usually don't interrupt the flow of the story but wanted you to imagine this scene as the cover picture... with Ayush instead of teddy. Hehe... don't kill me for this)

Ayush twisted his neck to look at Sameer, his eyes dancing, "Good morning, Sameer."

Planting a kiss on his cheek facing him, Sameer replied fondly, "Good morning hamare teddy bear."

Ayush giggled, "Main teddy bear thodi hun."

"Tum ho. Hum dono ke. Isiliye hum dono tumhe roz aise hi good morning bolenge." Sameer winked at Naina.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें