Aapke pyar mein hum sanwarne lage

Just before he was to start from home, Sameer texted Naina "Are you ready?'

Within two seconds, he received the reply 'Yes I am.'

It was an exchange of three words between them... but it was symbolic to such an extent that he kept staring at the screen of his phone for a long time. Was she really in agreement... could his dream be a hint... should he take another step towards her, as nanu had said?

Naina had just stepped down the stairs when Bhalla aunty opened her door and sauntered out.

"Office jaa rahi hai, puttar?" She asked with an affectionate smile.

"Jee aunty." Naina replied nervously. One thing she didn't want was Bhalla aunty seeing her going with Sameer... and that is exactly what was happening.

"Driver ko bol deti hun tujhe chod aayega. Abhi free khada hai. Teri car toh Friday se office mein hai na." Aunty presumed her to be booking a cab as Naina read Sameer's message flashing on her screen

'I'm here.'

She looked up to find his car arriving right in front of the gate.

Aunty noticed it too, and her smile got wider, "Oh achha, Sameer lene aaya hai. Main bhool hi gayi thi. Very good. Main toh kehti hun roz saath hi jaaya karo. Jitna time saath mein bitao utna achha hai."

Giving a slight nod, Naina walked out of the gate. To add to her discomfort, aunty treaded ahead, and stopped her from shutting it. She stood watching as Naina opened the door of passenger side which was facing her. Seeing aunty, Sameer leaned to wish her.

"Good morning, beta. Main toh Naina se keh rahi thi roz hi saath jaaya karo. Pata hai office mein saath hote ho par wahan toh sab hote hain na. Car mein faayda tumhara hi hai." She winked at Naina, making her go red at the implication.

Sameer couldn't hear the last two lines as his phone started to ring. Presuming it to be a direction to reduce pollution, he nodded, after cutting the promotional call, "Haan aunty, faayda toh hai."

Naina's turned beetroot, while aunty snickered, and left after shutting the gate.

"Aao na, Naina. What are you waiting for?" Sameer was perplexed when she didn't move.

Unable to look at him, she slowly slid in the seat next to him, wondering how he could be so naïve to not understand what aunty meant.

"All well? Kya hua tumhe?" Sameer was amazed to see the colour on her face.

Naina gave a quick glance to the closed gate... she could see aunty through the gaps in design, even if she wasn't facing them.

"I'm fine. Let's go." She fastened her seatbelt and sat straight, looking ahead.

Seeing her sitting so close, with flaming cheeks, Sameer felt the warmth on his face too as the images from his dream flooded his mind. Before his lovesick heart made him do something that could land him in trouble, Sameer started the car.

Both were trapped in their own reeling emotions and chaotic thoughts, their eyes fixed on the road, till Naina blurted, "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" Sameer jolted out of the scene playing in his mind, furrowing his brows.

"Woh aunty ne... unhone jo kaha faayda and all... uske liye." She fumbled.

"Uske liye sorry ki kya baat hai. In a way she's right." Sameer eased, making Naina give him a shocked look which he couldn't see as he maneuvered the car in heavy morning traffic, "Itna traffic aur pollution hai. Car pooling se faayda toh hota hi hai."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें