Dil mein tu jagah de... Yeh faaslon ko karde tu kam

Title is the song 'Tera hoke rahoon' from the movie 'Behen hogi teri'

"Main tumhare liye kuch khane ko laata hun... tum yahin rest karo." Sameer smiled at Ayush and went out.

Seeing the door of Naina's room shut, he presumed her to be inside. The sight that had met his eyes few minutes back again made his pulse go racing. And the dream that it had brought made him shudder again. He had been effected by Naina since their first meet, but these two days of staying in her house had made him yearn for her even more. The proximity made the distance between them more pronounced... and unbearable.

Lost in thoughts, he reached the kitchen, when her voice made him halt just short of entering. With her back towards him, she seemed to be talking... maybe on phone. Swiftly, he turned to go back and not eves drop when her own name from her mouth fell in his ears... the same moment he noticed her phone lying on the dining table. Intrigued, he moved towards the wall, hiding himself from the view even if she turned. Naina was talking to herself... and his curiosity peaked.

Naina had come to the kitchen to find something to do... mainly to divert her mind. Her face was still flushed at being discovered by Sameer in her drenched state... that she was standing in the pouring rain willingly mortified her even more. She went about arranging and rearranging the mugs drawer as she kept mumbling.

"Pata tha ghar mein akeli nahi hai, phir bhi baarish dekhte hi chal padi... kya ho jaata hai tujhe, Naina. What will he think... kaisi bewakoof ladki hai. Aise koi baarish mein bheegta hai kya bachhon ki tarah. Mumma kitni baar samjhati thi. Lekin nahi, tune toh kasam kha rakhi hai apna tamasha banwane ki. Oh God! kitni stupid hun main... uss dress mein hi chali gayi bahar." She slapped her forehead.

By the time Sameer came to the kitchen, she had moved to the cutlery drawer, noisily taking out all spoons, forks, knives, ladles and other things, placing them on the platform... while blabbering to herself, "Ek kaam theek se nahi kar sakti. Ayush ka khyal rakhna ki jagah khud baarish mein bheegne chal padi. How irresponsible, Naina. Aise mein Ayush ko teri zarurat pad jaati toh... uth gaya tha na woh. Agar Sameer nahi hote toh... Sameer is doing a favour by being here. Aur tu unpe sab kuch chod ke nikal padi apne dil ki baat sunke. Ekdum idiot hai tu, Naina."

Sameer could hear her rants, but not very clear amidst the clanking sound of cutlery. A smile played on his lips as he realised she was chiding herself. He had always seen her composed and in control. This cute side of her came as a surprise, but an adorable one.

"Naina." He stepped ahead, to stand in the doorway.

"Huh?" She turned abruptly, almost shocked at his voice... and several forks fell from her hand.

"Oh!" She bend down promptly, gathering them from the floor.

Sameer took two steps and ducked to pick up the ones which went a little far from her reach.

"Yeh lo." Placing them on the platform, he straightened, "Ayush ko bhook lagi hai. It's a good sign... matlab uski tabiyat ab theek hai. I guess usse kuch khila dena chahiye."

"Of course. Main abhi bana ke laati hun." Forgetting the forks, Naina went to the other side to take out the batter of pancakes from the refrigerator.

Sameer could see her flushed cheeks. She was indeed embarrassed about what happened earlier. He decided to leave her alone and went back to Ayush... to let her work without getting conscious.

Ayush was thrilled to see the pancakes. Seeing him polish off two of them, Naina felt relieved... evidently, he was much better. With the relief came another realisation which made her heart sink, but it could not be avoided.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें