Dil ke armanon mein behisaabi ho gayi

Title is a song that you'll know in the update

Sameer stood rooted to the spot, staring at the sight that was nothing less than surreal. If her calm smile warmed his heart, everything else heated up his blood to make the fire burn him completely.

Her hair were open, and spread behind her like a cape. A few wisps still managed to find place on her forehead, but one long strand was glued to her neck, coming down her front to reach her crossed arms. Last time when they had got drenched together, she was too close for him to notice how curvaceous her body turned when the night suit stuck to her. But today, from here, he could see, and his heartbeat started to rise beyond his control. His throat went dry at the vision. The way her knee length dress was plastered on her form, it looked like it was painted on her. Her legs below the dress gleamed as water trickled over them. Standing bare feet, her legs were a striking contrast against her charcoal dress.

Her face... the way water droplets slipped down after touching each and every part of her face... the forehead, eyes, her cheeks, lips, and down the chin... he felt a sharp pang of jealousy hit him. Why was he so far from her when the drops that had travelled all the way from sky could touch her so easily! Because of the strong wind, the thick curtain of rain seemed to be swaying towards her, instead of falling straight. It was like the raindrops were competing with each other to reach her. And she was reveling in that touch. With every passing second, and every raindrop falling on her, his breaths were getting heavier.

She threw her head back, taking the deluge of rain on her face. Her smile got bigger as the water hit her directly. Keeping her eyes closed, she shook her head a few times. As the wet locks wriggled, more water kissed her. It was a great test of Sameer's patience. All he wanted at the moment was to close the distance between them, and hide her in his arms... not let the raindrops slide down from her face, touching her at places where his eyes were hesitant to drift.

"Tumhe pata nahi hai Naina, maine kaise khud ko roka hua hai. Iss tarah satane ka badla lunga tumse ek din. Iss baarish ko phir se aana hoga... jab hum itni door nahi, ek doosre ke kareeb honge. Tab inn boondon se tumhe choone ka hisaab lunga main." He groaned inwardly.

It was the sound of Ayush's giggles that made him realise that he wasn't alone...

"Naina hamesha aise hi baarish mein bheegti hai. Buddhu hai, haina?" The little boy had no idea what adjectives Sameer presently had in mind for her... and 'buddhu' certainly wasn't one of them.

"Naina ko baarish achhi lagti hai?" He asked, astounded at how hoarse his voice sounded.

"Pata nahi. Mumma bhi gussa karti hain. Lekin Naina bas hans ke bhaag jaati hai." Ayush shook his head like grown ups.

And straight away, Sameer fell in love with rains too. If it meant being with her out there, he was ready to drench in every downpour.

"Nainaaaa." Ayush ran to the glass door, banging on it before Sameer could stop him.

Her head jerked towards him, and she grinned. Folding her palms, she collected some rainwater in it and splashed at him. Since the door was shut, the drops splattered on the glass... still Ayush jumped back, making a face and ran to hide behind Sameer.

That is when she saw him.

Quickly wiping her face, she gulped, suddenly aware of her wet clothes.

Sameer lowered his head, looking at Ayush, "Hum TV dekhen?"

"Lekin Naina?" Ayush pointed at her.

Sameer gave a quick glance to her, noting how she consciously rubbed her arms, keeping them crossed ahead of her.

"Naina thodi der mein aa jayegi. Come." He turned and took Ayush along, closing her door behind him.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें