Tumse pyar humein hai kitna jaane jaana... tumse milkar tumko hai batana

Naina was quick to get in the back seat with Ayush this time. She wasn't sure her heart could take any more if she sat with Sameer. Throughout their drive back, which was quite short because of the late hour, Sameer kept stealing glances at her through the rear view mirror, but she didn't meet his eyes even once. Preeti was curious to know what happened at the restaurant after she left, but seeing the flushed faces of both, she decided to ask Sameer later. Whatever had happened, seemed to have served the purpose. She mentally thanked Kamya, for being at the right place at the right time. While going to the washroom, she was contemplating how to give them a chance to be alone, without being conspicuous, and there entered Kamya, with a gang of few friends. Her eyes brightened when she heard them considering to sit outside, on the terrace.

And the plan took shape in her mind.

She had hoped it would give Sameer the right chance to tell Naina what he felt for her. Now, as they sat in silence in the car, she was dying to know if he did... but she had to wait.

The moment he stopped, Sameer was out of the car. He opened the back door and picked up sleeping Ayush.

"Main... main le jaungi." Naina tried to prevent another interaction... but Sameer insisted.

Preeti opted to wait in the car as he followed Naina, with Ayush comfortably sleeping in his arms.

After laying him in his bed, he gave a tentative look to Naina... but decided against continuing what he wanted to say earlier. He wanted their moment to be special, not a hurried one. With Preeti waiting for him, he couldn't just confess and rush out.

"Naina, I... I hope you didn't feel bad about what... what happened. Main..." He fumbled for the right words... to justify his actions back in the parking lot.

"I'm sorry. Mera koi irada nahi tha iss tarah aap pe... lekin uss car ko ekdum se dekh ke... there was no time... aapko hatane ke liye hi maine aisa kiya tha. Please, don't think ki main Kamya ki tarah... I mean... not today, nor earlier. Jab bhi aisa hua it was accidental. Main kabhi aapke liye aisi... aisi situation create nahi karna chahti thi." Her clarification startled him.

"Naina, yeh tum kya keh rahi ho. Maine kabhi bhi... Kamya and you... never. Main toh khud tumhe sorry kehna chahta tha kyonki main jaanta hun tum kisi ka touch karna pasand nahi karti. Lekin uss waqt... mujhe laga tum kisi baat se darr gayi ho... aur uske baad wahan Kamya aa gayi. Please, tum mujhe galat mat samajhna. Main tumhe uncomfortable nahi karna chahta tha. It was an instinctive reaction." He too offered a reason, just to keep things normal between them and not let any awkwardness creep in... till he could get a chance to confess his feelings to her.

Naina swallowed, still not able to look at him.

Walking across the bed, Sameer came and stood in front of her. His voice was much softer, "Dekho Naina, hum dono ab ek doosre ko thoda aur jaan lein toh better hoga. Main kabhi tumhe galat nahi samajh sakta... aur tumse request karunga ki agar meri koi bhi baat, koi bhi action tumhe uncomfortable feel karaye, toh please mujhe ussi waqt bol dena. Don't hesitate even for a moment. Mujhe achha lagega agar tum khul ke aisa bologi. Hum friends pehle hain aur doston mein aisi formalities aur justification ki zarurat nahi honi chahiye. Humein apne intentions ka proof dene ki koshish bhi nahi karni chahiye... kyonki itni understanding toh doston ke beech aa jaati hai. Hum apne dil ki baat ek doosre se keh sakein, aisa rishta hona chahiye hamara."

Her eyes lifted to him. With a dry throat, she just nodded, unable to speak. Sameer waited, their eyes locked with each other, but when she didn't say anything even after a few minutes, he gave a small smile, and left, after wishing her a good night.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें