Tere naam humne kiya hai jeevan apna saara sanam

Title is a motivational song 😉
jiski kadi judd gayi hai 'bharo maang meri bharo' se...
ho sakta hai kisi ke 'rang mein rangne wali' ne shayad 'sawalon ka jawaab' de diya ho

Well, we are a hopeful lot and would always keep our fingers crossed

Sameer could not get over the fact that Naina had planned such a huge surprise for him... and he did not even remember it was Valentine's Day. How could he not know. But then, this day or date had no meaning for him till last year. He found it silly that people chose one particular day, and went all mushy. Nonetheless, that was when he didn't believe in love. Now that the cupid's arrow had hit him, roses given by Naina made him feel special, her small notes brought a smile on his face, red imprint of her lips on each paper made him yearn for her, thoughts of their cake cutting brought back the taste... her whole idea of making it this elaborate and unique was intoxicating.

And then there was her proposal. Her words still resonated in his ears. She had enamoured him by professing her love, that too in such intense and deep way. She indeed loved him... as much as he loved her. And this thought filled him with enormous warmth and exhilaration. Though he didn't doubt the depth of her love earlier, hearing it from her brought a smug smile on his face.

When they went for the meeting, Naina was composed. She had cleaned her face and freshened her gloss, leaving no hint of the moments they shared on the rooftop. She did not look at him even once, but his mind kept going back to the two kisses, reminding him that he still had to claim four. Only when one of the department heads asked him about a particular client did he finally pay attention to the meeting.

At the end of the meeting, nanu made the announcement of wedding. It was interesting to see the surprised reaction of most of the people present. But everyone congratulated them. When the news spread, Sameer received many more messages from the staff. Naina got a few calls too. She was aware how this would be discussed. Maybe a few speculations, unpleasant ones, would be made... but it didn't bother her anymore. With Sameer, she was confident of facing anything. Also, the chances of people with such mentality were minimal in this office, where a healthy environment was propagated.

"So madam, ready to leave?" Sameer leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms a little after six.

"Haan bas ek minute." Naina hurriedly cleared her table. Since she wouldn't be coming for almost a week, she didn't want to leave anything disorganised.

"Chalo." Slinging her bag on the shoulder, she walked towards him moments later.

When they reached the parking, Sameer opened the door of passenger side, waving a hand at the seat. Giving him a curious look for such an elaborate gesture, Naina was about to sit in when she noticed a flower, and a note, on the seat.

"Mera idea mujhi pe." She grinned, picking up both the things.

The rose was a long stemmed, fresh and alluring bloom in deep red, with a small tag on it that read 'I love you.' With a loving smile, she opened the note

Sirf iss seat ka nahi
janmon ka hai saath hamara sanam

Tere naam humne kiya hai
jeevan apna saara sanam

Her eyes glittered when she looked at him, but her voice was teasing, "Mujhe aur Salman Khan dono ko copy kar rahe ho."

He stepped closer, "Maybe. Lekin iske baad jo karunga usmein kisi ko copy nahi karunga."

"Kya karoge?" She was alarmed at their closeness, but there was no space to move aside.

"Chaar abhi baaki hain jo tumne waste kiye the." His voice dropped to a husky whisper.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें