Banno re banno meri chali sasural ko

Title is the song 'Kabira' from 'Yeh Jawani hai deewani'

When Sameer reached Naina's terrace, he saw her on the other side of glass door, seemingly lost. He halted, watching her as she sat on the floor, against the bed, with her palms spread in front of her. She was looking at her mehendi adorned hands that much was clear to him. But the reason for her being so absorbed in the design that she didn't even look up when he softly opened the door troubled him.

Sameer did not utter a word to announce his presence. Rather, he just went and sat next to her, silently. She didn't move her gaze from her hands.

"Sameer, kya meri mehendi baaki sab dulhano jaisi hai?" Her sudden question after a few minutes of quietude startled him.

"Kya matlab?" He asked, raising his eyes to her face.

When she turned to look at him, there was a forlorn look in her eyes, "Main... main dulhan jaisi lagungi na kal?"

There was some apprehension in her voice, along with a hint of fear.

"Naina, tum sabse khoobsurat dulhan lagogi." He cupped her face, assuring her in a gentle voice.

She gulped, "Agar nahi lagi toh? Agar kisi ne kaha ki mujhe... mujhe shaadi nahi karni chahiye... kyonki main... main..." Her voice broke down as her throat choked.

Sameer grabbed her shoulders, looking into her eyes, "Kyonki kya Naina? Tum kal dulhan banogi. Meri dulhan. Kyonki hum dono ek doosre se pyar karte hain, kyonki main tumhare bina nahi reh sakta, kyonki tum already meri wife ho, kyonki hamari family mein sab hamari shaadi se bohot khush hain, kyonki hamara janmon ka rishta pehle hi judd chuka hai, kyonki..."

She placed her fingers on his lips, "I'm sorry. Pata nahi kyon, darr lag raha hai."

He took her in his arms, "Mat daro jaan. Main hun na tumhare saath. And you trust me right."

She hummed in a low voice. He lovingly stroked her hair. He could understand her fear to some extent. It was a huge step for the girl who had arrived in this city about a year back, with her fixed notions and resolves, with a tough exterior and small smile. No one could imagine the shattered person behind her composed disposition. She had come a long way from there. Her smile was genuine now, her heart beating for him. There was no doubt that she loved him truly, and she believed in his love for her. She had accepted his family as her own, valuing each relation in true sense. But she was missing her parents on this momentous occasion. She was missing the warmth of her father's support and assurance of her mom's tender affection.

He placed a gentle kiss on her head, "I love you Maina."

She looked up... and smiled. He felt his heart snap at her smile. The pain, hurt, betrayal, anger... everything she had gone through was pushed behind by her smile. It was a brave smile indeed. And she was brave. It made him proud.

"Kya tum mujhe apne parents ke baare mein bataogi? Main janna chahta hun woh kya sochte the tumhari shaadi ke liye." He tucked her hair behind the ear, speaking softly.

Naina felt her heart twinge at the memory and melt at his behest... both at the same time.

He noticed the conflicting emotions in her eyes. Giving her a serene smile, he asked again, "Tumhare liye bohot kuch socha hoga na tumhare parents ne. Kya mere jaise ladke ko woh apni pyari si beti ke liye pasand kar lete? Agar woh hote toh kya hamari shaadi ke liye nanu ki tarah jhatt se maan jaate ya phir..." He winked, "...mummy ki tarah drama karke haan kehte? Ya filmon ke jaise mujhe tumhe bhaga ke le jaana padta."

In spite of the heaviness she was feeling, a laugh spurted out of Naina. She waved her head, "Woh tumhe mujhse bhi zyada pyar karte."

He narrowed his eyes, as if in deep thought, then raised his brows, "Ab toh yeh kaam tumhe karna padega. Mujhe unke hisse ka bhi pyar dena padega. Kyonki main compromise nahi kar sakta."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें