Teri wajah se naya naya hun

Title is the song 'Tujhko jo paaya' from movie 'Crook'

Naina's heart had stopped beating... even if it was for a split second. Sameer's profound declaration had left her shaken. Of course, he meant Ayush when he mentioned love. Then why her palms had gone sweaty, why her legs turned into jelly, why her pulse plummeted in anticipation...

Her mind voice jumped to warn her, "Don't even go in that direction, Naina. Don't try to wish for something that cannot happen."

Pursing her lips, she wrenched her fingers in her lap till his voice made her look up at him again.

"Naina, Ayush ki choti se choti taklif mujhe dard deti hai. Main bata nahi sakta iss waqt main kitna helpless feel kar raha hun. Mujhe pata hai tum itni capable ho ki sab kuch khud manage kar leti ho... par Ayush ke liye kuch bhi karna, uske saath rehna meri zarurat hai. Main yeh tumhe support karne ke liye nahi karna chahta... khud ke pyar ko support karne ke liye Ayush ki har problem mein uske saath hona chahta hun. I pray ki usse kabhi koi problem na aaye, lekin agar aisa hua, toh main ek pal ke liye bhi uska haath nahi chodna chahta. Please Naina, meri yeh choti si request maan lo. Let me be a part of his life. Jab bhi Ayush ko zarurat ho, mera khyal apne dil mein le aana... please."

Not even for a moment did Naina doubt his single word. The sincerity in his eyes, the pain in his voice, concern in his every action moved her to the core. If his love for Ayush overwhelmed her, his earnestness made her feel guilty.

"I'm sorry. Main jaanti hun aap Ayush ke liye kitne concerned rehte hain. Ab kabhi aapko nahi bhoolungi... I mean, I'll keep you in mind... Ayush ke liye." Naina was suddenly conscious of the way her words sounded.

Sameer seemed to not notice the same, and raised a questioning brow, "Promise?"

She nodded, and added as an afterthought, in a soft low voice, "Pakka promise."

Her eyes had much more depth as he looked into them. She found a strange, new warmth in his dark ones as her gaze remained locked with him. The eyes were trying to convey, but the heart was in feud with mind. She couldn't comprehend the emotion...she could not imagine that everything he said for Ayush, he could mean for her as well. Nor could Sameer read her reticent face, unable to fathom that she not only accepted him in Ayush's life, but was unable to stop his thoughts from cracking her own guard.

The ring on Sameer's phone snapped them out of the spell. Seeing the id, he mumbled, "Main abhi aata hun."

"Arre barkhurdaar kahan reh gaya? Tera wait kar raha hun dinner ke liye. Jaldi se ghar aa." Nanu's impatient voice made him realise the time.

But however late it was, he wouldn't be leaving Ayush and Naina alone in the hospital at any cost. Sameer explained the whole situation to nanu.

"Hmm. Theek hai. Tu wahin reh. Aur agar koi bhi zarurat ho toh call karna. Waise tu kahe toh main Dr Kalra se baat karun jinke paas Deepika ko hamesha se leke jaate the. He's one of the best pediatrician of the country." Nanu asked.

"Abhi nahi, nanu. Agar mujhe yahan ke doctor convincing nahi lage toh aapko bolunga. Ek baar Ayush ki reports aa jaane dijiye." Sameer replied.

"Theek hai, beta. Khyal rakhna. Aur haan, main Vishakha ko keh dunga ki tu apne ek dost ke paas ruka hai. Kal woh kuch puche toh yehi bolna." Like always, nanu was his ally.

"Thanks nanu. I love you." Sameer was relieved.

"Bas ab Naina se yeh kehne ki practice baad mein karna. Abhi jaake Ayush... aur Naina ka khyal rakh." Nanu tried to lighten his mood.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें