Saanu ik pal chain na aaye... sajna tere bina

Title is a song by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, from movie 'Raid'

Repeated knocks made Sameer open his eyes. Brightness in the room indicated beginning of another day... he was one step closer to be with Naina again.

The knock was followed by a voice this time, "Sameer bhaiya, aapki coffee laye hain. Naina bhabhi ne bheji hai."

Her name made him alert. Sitting up, he hollered, "Toh andar aa na. Bahar khade hoke kya shor macha raha hai."

Ramdhari entered the room with a grin, "Good morning bhaiya. Aaj Naina bhabhi ne khud aap ke liye coffee banayi hai. Humne kaha bhi ki hum bana dete hain lekin unhone humein kuch karne hi nahi diya. Humne pucha aap kyon..."

"Offo. Subah subah kitni badbad karta hai tu. Chal ja jaake breakfast bana. Aur haan, kuch achha banana." Sameer interrupted him, eager to have the coffee... and to check the small envelope that was placed next to mug in coffee tray, along with a beautiful rose bloom.

"Yeh bhi koi kehne ki baat hai. Roz achha hi banate hain. Bura kyon banayenge." Mumbling under his breath, Ramdhari left.

After lovingly holding the flower within his fingers for a moment, Sameer opened the envelope to take out a folded paper. His eyes lit up at the thought of a love letter.

"Life mein pehli baar letter mila hai mujhe... woh bhi Naina se. Wow." He avidly unfolded it.

It had just two words

Good morning
...and an impression of her lips.

He gaped at the letter. Naina had applied red lipstick to kiss the paper.

He picked up his phone to talk to her. Then decided against it. She could have sent this message, even an emoji of kiss, on phone... but she chose this innovative style. He should return the favour in person.

Grinning, he took a sip of coffee. It was perfect. Just like her.

Naina was not with Ayush when Sameer went to his room. After talking to him for a while, he went down. She wasn't around, neither in the kitchen nor in living room.

"Ramdhari, Naina kahan hai?" He asked, keeping his voice casual.

"Naina bhabhi abhi abhi apne room mein gayi hain. Woh hamari..." Ramdhari stopped abruptly, shaking his head, "Aur kuch humein nahi pata."

Sameer narrowed his eyes. Was he hiding something?

He couldn't risk going to her room in broad daylight. Now he would have to wait till breakfast time to see her. As for her good morning, that would now be in office only. Invigorated at the thought, he sprinted up the stairs to get ready for office.

When Naina was missing from breakfast table. Sameer got impatient, "Mummy, aaj Naina breakfast ke liye kyon nahi aayi? Uski tabiyat toh theek hai na?"

"Haan baba Naina bilkul theek hai. Usne kaha aaj woh Ayush ke school jaake uski leave application degi. Isliye thodi jaldi chali gayi." Vishakha informed him.

Sameer frowned muttering to himself, "Yeh kya baat hui. Mujhe bhi jaana tha Ayush ke school. Aise kaise akele chali gayi. Subah se ek baar dekha tak nahi hai. Sochna chahiye tha mera kya haal ho raha hai uske bina."

Nanu leaned towards him, "Sameer, yeh konse mantra padh raha hai tu?"

"Jee nanu?" He jolted back to his surroundings, "Main woh... kuch nahi bas aaj ki meeting ke baare mein soch raha tha."

"Naina ke saath?" Nanu asked with complete seriousness.

He nodded... then shook his head furiously as nanu's question registered to him.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें