Bhoola hun main mere ghar ka pataa... tere mohalle mein aake

Title is the song 'Tareefein' from the album of same name by Ankit Tiwari

As promised to Ayush, next day Sameer got passes for open bus. Sitting on the top, with summer breeze brushing across their faces as the bus sped through the streets, all three of them were more keen to enjoy this experience than getting down and exploring the places where bus made frequent stops. They took a break from the ride only to have lunch in one of the famous streets which was known for classy restaurants. The tour came to an end before sunset.

They got down at Brooklyn bridge Park, to click pictures and watch the city skyline light up as darkness descended on the city. The garden was huge, with a number of activities. But they just strolled around, enjoying the cool ambience, marvelling at the beauty of something as basic as a bridge, which looked like a tourist spot in itself... it was indeed one. When they were tired, they decided to go back but only after an early dinner.

The moment they stepped out of the lift in the hotel, they met Aryan and Abir with their mom.

"Ayush, aaj humne na new wala game khela. Tujhe dekhna hai?" Abir asked enthusiastically.

Naina saw Ayush's eyes shine with excitement as he chirped, "New game? Kaunsa?"

"Chal tujhe dikhate hain." Aryan held his hand, ready to dash to the café.

Sameer nodded when Ayush looked at them in apprehension, and the three boys ran towards the gaming area.

Anjali laughed, "Jitna marzi khel lein bachhe, new game ke liye alag energy hoti hai. Ayush tired lag raha tha, aur ab dekho kaise bhag raha hai."

She looked at them, "Long day, huh?"

Sameer smiled, "It was fun. Aaj Big Bus ka tour liya tha."

Anjali nodded, "Mere bachhe bhi bohot enjoy karte hain."

Naina looked around, "Aastha nahi khel rahi aaj."

Anjali let out a weary sigh, "Jhagda ho gaya. In badmashon ne usse itna tang kiya ki woh ruth ke room mein baith gayi. Arun manaa raha hai usse." She smiled, "Maan jayegi thodi der mein. Papa ki princess hai."

She looked at Sameer, "Dekhna, jab tumhari beti hogi na, tum bhi usse princess ki tarah hi treat karoge. Fathers ko betiyon se kuch alag hi affection hota hai."

Sameer held Naina's hand, but she smiled at him pleasantly, "Sameer toh Ayush pe bhi jaan dete hain."

He felt a sense of tranquility at her calm response.

It was Aastha's voice from behind that did not prolong the topic, "Naina aunty, Ayush kitna good boy hai. Usse bolo na inn do bandaron ko bhi apne jaisa bana de."

She marched to them from her room, followed by Arun. Though still appearing miffed, she didn't want to miss out the fun, and sprinted to the group of boys.

Anjali looked at Naina, "Tum log abhi bahar se aaye ho, chaho toh fresh hoke aa jao. We'll have dinner together."

Naina shook her head, "Humne dinner kar liya hai. Aap log continue kijiye main Ayush ko le jaati hun."

Anjali peered at the children, engrossed in their game, "I don't think woh game khatam hone se pehle ayega. Tum jao main usse tumhare room pe chod dungi thodi der mein."

Sameer smiled cordially, "Thank you ma'm. Lekin hum wait kar lete hain." He looked at Naina, "Coffee pi lete hain. Okay?"

She nodded, and they all walked towards the café. After settling down at the table and ordering coffee, Anjali turned to Sameer, "Dekho Sameer, hum log yahan office ke environment ko bilkul yaad nahi karna chahte. Isliye please mujhe ma'm mat bolo. Aisa lagta hai vacation mein se kuch percentage cut ho gayi."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें