Hai teri meherbani ki andheron se hum muqar gaye

Title is a song 'Meherbani' from movie 'The Shaukeens'

"Naina, are you sure tumhe kuch nahi khana?" Sameer held up his palm as Naina opened her mouth to answer, "I know, I know tumhe mann nahi ho raha abhi... lekin agar raat ko kisi bhi time bhook lage toh mujhe utha dena. Okay?"

Naina nodded with a smile, "Utha dungi. Lekin abhi so jaun please?"

He could see the traces of pain in her eyes which she was trying to hide behind a smile. He came to her side of the bed, and tucked the quilt securely around her, "Medicine li tumne?"

"Hmm. Abhi abhi li hai." She affirmed.

When Sameer walked towards the door instead of his side of the bed, she asked, "Tum kahan jaa rahe ho? Tum nahi so'oge?"

"Main bas abhi aaya." He looked back, assuring her and rushed out before she could ask more.

Within five minutes, he was back.

"Yeh lo, yeh heat pack hai. Isse rakh lo, pain se relief milega." After plugging it in the point over her bedside table, he handed the soft, pillow shaped pack to her. Naina had one at home, but forgot to get it here.

Her breath came out in a comforted exhale as the warmth seeped in after she placed it on her stomach. Sameer laid down on his side, watching her.

"Yeh kahan se laaye tum?" She tilted her head sideways, her eyes clear this time.

"Nanu ke room se. Unhe kamar mein kabhi kabhi dard hota hai tab lagate hain. Mujhe laga tumhe bhi isse aaram milega." He smiled, relieved that she was feeling better.

Unlike other days, Sameer did not grab her waist, rather made her sleep in the crook of his arm. It was sometime in the night that his eyes flew open, feeling the bedside light sting in his eyes.

"Naina, kya hua? Wahan kya kar rahi ho?" He was startled to see Naina kneeling on the floor next to the bed.

She looked up, "Uh Sameer, sorry tum disturb ho gaye. Mujhe andhere mein kuch dikh nahi raha tha isliye light on ki."

"Lekin tum neeche kyon baithi ho? Kya dekhna hai?" He dragged himself towards the edge to take a peek under the bed.

Naina pointed at the metal box under the bed which contained bed linen, "Mujhe ek blanket chahiye."

"Tumhe thand lag rahi hai? Fever ho gaya kya?" He touched her forehead, which was thankfully cool.

She stood up, slightly hesitant, "Mujhe pairon pe kuch heavy chahiye... legs mein discomfort hota hai."

It took a while for Sameer to assimilate that she was facing problems because of her present state. When it dawned on him, he jumped from the bed, kneeling next to her, and pulled out the box. Within minutes, Naina was back in bed, with a folded blanket over her legs.

Switching off the light, Sameer placed a hand on her cheek, "Ab theek hai?"

She nodded, but the blanket was too soft and fluffy to give her the kind of weighty feeling that she wanted. However, there wasn't anything better in the box, she had noticed. Feeling his warmth next to her, she closed her eyes, hoping the irritating cramps in her legs ease out soon.

Naina had no recollection in the morning when she fell asleep inspite of the soreness in her legs, but she wasn't feeling much tired surprisingly. And her legs no longer throbbed with the same twinge. Rather, there was a comforting weight over them. She craned her neck to see if Sameer had put some extra quilt. But the one she had taken last night was lying crumpled at the edge on the bed.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें