Chandni raat hai tu mere saath hai

Title needs no introduction... the popular song of Salman Khan that played in the show

Once they drove out of the lane, Sameer gave a quick glance to Naina. There was a contentment on her face as she looked out at the passing view, unlike the previous day when they had driven into the city.

He pondered for a while, then asked casually, "Mujhe Agra ki famous chaat khaani hai. Chalogi?"

She looked at him in wonder, "Yahan chaat khaoge?"

"Maine bhi toh tumhe apne college campus ki special chaat khilayi thi. It's time you return the favour." He shrugged.

Naina checked the time, "Lekin Sameer, humein late ho jayega. Ghar pe sab lunch ke liye wait kar rahe honge."

"Maine Saloni bhabhi ko call kar diya tha ki hum lunch tak nahi aa payenge. Aur agar tum apne handsome se pati ko bhooka rakhogi toh shayad mere dark circles aa jaaye." He made a sad expression.

Naina said promptly, "Dark circles bhooke rehne se nahi raat bhar jaagne se aate hain."

He quickly gave her a wink, followed by a crooked grin, "Ho sakta hai phir raat ko jaagne se hon."

Her eyes widened at his suggestive remark, colour spreading on her cheeks faster than the trees zipping past their window. He grabbed her hand, pressing it against his heart while keeping his eyes on the road, "Gaurav bhai ki bike leke aate toh zyada achha hota. Car mein tum bohot door hoti ho."

"Bike dekh ke Beena aunty aise impress nahi hoti jaise tumhari car dekh ke hui." She chuckled.

He was glad she was talking about it lightly. Lifting her hand, he brushed his lips over the tips of her fingers, speaking in a heavier voice, "Uss moti aunty ka reaction dekhna hai toh wapas chalte hain. Unko apne pyar ki picture ka sirf trailer hi dikha dunga na toh teen din tak hosh mein nahi ayengi."

She laughed, remembering Beena aunty's saucer eyes when she had held Sameer's hand, and when he had kissed over her head, she had almost passed out. Any display of affection was a scandal for her. But then, she had the habit of scandalising just about anything. With a relieved sigh, Naina leaned back in her seat. Beena aunty was a closed chapter in her life now.

"Naina, chaat." Sameer's prompting brought her out of her thoughts.

"Umm... Chaat gali chalte hain. Mumma ko wahan ke gol gappe best lagte the." She smiled.

Chaat gali, or Khau gali, was a street in Sadar Bazar dedicated to street food. Besides chaat items like golgappe, papdi chaat, dahi papdi, dahi bhalla, alu tikki, it had stalls serving Indianised Italian and Chinese and other popular street food items.

Naina looked at the stall she usually frequented with her mom, "Yahan che alag taste ke paani wale golgappe milte hain. Mumma kabhi decide hi nahi kar paati the ki kaunsa unko zyada pasand hai. Har baar kehti aaj pakka apna favourite decide karungi jisse next time wohi khaun lekin shop pe aate hi bhaiya ko mixed plate ke liye bol deti."

Sameer pulled her to the same stall, "Hum bhi issi se start karte hain."

After having a plate with six different tastes, Sameer narrowed his eyes in deep thought, "Ek baar kha ke toh samajh nahi aaya." He motioned to the stall owner, "Ek ek plate aur do."

Not that it helped. He relished all tastes equally. So did Naina. They tried other things as well, till she could eat no more.

"Sameer, please ab aur nahi. Itni chaat kha ke toh main ek week tak kuch aur nahi kha sakti." She pleaded when he pointed at the pav bhaaji stall.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें