Mera chaand mujhe aaya hai nazar

Naina was running around in the morning to finish cooking and other chores while Ayush was trying his new colour set.

"Ayush, tu jaldi se naha ke ready ho ja nahi toh late ho jayenge. Yeh gifts abhi guest room mein rakh de, kal Saturday hai na, hum tere cupboard mein set kar denge." Naina screamed as she filled up the washing machine with clothes.

Ayush picked up as much stuff as he could and darted to the guest room.

"Naina, tumhare sir apne office ka dress yahin chod gaye." He came out a moment later, holding Sameer's white shirt... the blue colour on his fingers leaving a mark on it.

"Oho, Ayush, ab tang mat kar. Der ho rahi hai. Konse kapde hain? Machine mein daal de. Abhi on kar deti hun." Naina said over her shoulder, his voice drowning in the sound of mixer that she running.

Ayush dropped the shirt in washing machine and ran to finish his bath, knowing fully well that if he asked more questions, Naina would herself take him to the washroom to give him a bath.

An hour later, when she was putting the washed clothes on the stand, Naina noticed the shirt.

"Yeh... yeh kahan se aa gayi?" Her mouth fell open as she gaped at the white shirt that she had just pulled out from washing machine.

Ayush craned his neck, "Tumne hi toh kaha tha machine mein daal dun."

She gave him a stunned look, trying to recall when it happened. But before she could ask more, the unlatched mesh door opened and Bhalla aunty sauntered in.

She gave a warm smile to Ayush, and handed him a wrapped packet, "Yeh le ek aur birthday gift. Harmeet ne bhijwaya hai tere liye, Canada se. Aane mein late ho gaya warna kal hi de deti."

Ayush excitedly grabbed the large box.

Bhalla aunty turned to Naina, "Puttar tu aaj..." She paused, her eyes narrowed on the shirt Naina was holding, "Tu gents shirt kabse pehenne lagi?"

"Yeh Sameer ki hai. Mujhse colour lag gaya tha toh Naina ne kaha washing ke liye daal dun." Ayush replied before Naina could offer an explanation.

"Oh achha." Bhalla aunty's face relaxed into a smile, "Main kehne aayi thi ki aaj tum dono raat ko hamare saath dinner karna. Bachhe video call karenge, tum dono se baat karne ke liye. Theek hai?"

With shaking hands, Naina put the shirt on the stand after aunty was gone. She was thankful that the scenario didn't bring up any misunderstanding, or a repeat of the situation she had faced in Agra.

She didn't mention anything to Sameer in office, planning to simply hand over the bag on Monday after she got the shirt ironed. Whether he remembered that he had left his clothes in her house, she couldn't get to know as Sameer had to leave for Gurgaon with Mr Maheshwari for a meeting... and he hadn't returned till she left in the evening.

When she met her friends for lunch that afternoon, Vedika was apologetic, "Sorry yaar Naina, Ayush ke birthday ke liye nahi aa paaye. Office ke baad agar tere yahan aate toh uske baad Delhi ke doosre corner mein apne ghar jaate hue meri aur Dhruv ki band baj jaati. Yahan se direct metro mil jaati hai so we reach in little over one hour. Kal Saturday hai na, kal ka program pakka. Poora din Ayush ke saath. Uska gift bhi dena hai... warna dantega humein phir se."

Dhruv chuckled, "Mujhe bhi kal solid daant padi thi Ayush se jab wish karne ko call kiya tha. Phir maine usse samjhaya ki Saturday ko hum ek aur party karenge toh birthday ka double celebration hoga. Bas, maan gaya woh. Vedika, manana aana chahiye. Mujhse seekho kuch."

Vedika punched his arm, "Tum yeh sab seekh ke karoga kya? Kise manaoge? Ek girlfriend toh banayi nahi gayi tumse ab tak. Apni behen se hi kuch training lo yaar."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें