Tu hi mere hothon ki khilti hui si hansi... gila bhi piya tu hi

Title is the song 'Yeh ishq haye' from movie 'Jab We Met'

Ramdhari handed a transparent box with a packet covered in foil to Naina when she came down from her room, all dressed up for the road trip.

"Naina bhabhi, humne alu ke paranthe bana diye hain, raaste ke liye." He smiled brightly.

Naina was surprised, "Aap itni subah uth ke yeh sab kar rahe the, Ramdhari bhaiya? Aapko pareshan nahi hona chahiye tha, hum kahin bhi khaa lete."

"Hamari amma kehti hain koi bahar jaaye toh saath mein khana zarur hona chahiye. Ghar se door ghar ka ahsaas khushi deta hai." Ramdhari explained with sincerity.

Naina took the box from him, her eyes turning misty, "Meri mumma bhi aisa hi kehti thi."

"Naina. Samaan dekh lo... kuch reh toh nahi gaya." Sameer's voice from living room made her quickly go out.

She had brought the samaller bag when she came down and he now carried the bigger one.

"Bas yeh dono bags hi the." She smiled at him.

Ramdhari rushed ahead, "Laiye Sameer bhaiya, hum aapki gaadi mein rakh dete hain."

As he was lifting the bags, nanu walked out of his room. Sameer and Naina wished him. He patted their heads, "Sambhal ke jaana. Aur phone karte rehna."

"Jee nanu. Aap apna khyal rakhiye." Naina smiled warmly.

Ever since she had come to the house, she had been cautious about nanu's health, taking care of his diet, medicines, exercise and not letting him work much.

He smiled tenderly, "Main ab bilkul fit hun beta. Tum meri fiqr mat karo. Ayush ke saath khelte khelte mujhe lagta hai meri umr pehle se kam ho gayi hai."

"Aap khud ko thakayenge nahi. Aur Ayush agar zid kare toh daant dijiye." She worriedly adviced him.

Nanu pointed at Sameer, "Yeh jo tera pati hai na, isko tak nahi daanta maine kabhi. Toh tumhare bete ko kaise gussa kar sakta hun. Lekin tum tension mat lo. Mujhe aisa hi... balki aur bhi tandarust paogi jab tum log wapas aaoge."

Naina nodded, silently crossing her fingers as she prayed for the same.

"Chalein?" Sameer asked after they were seated in the car.

His eyes roamed over her as she dipped her head. Dressed in jeans and a lose hoodie, her hair tied in a pony, she looked fresh and beautiful. He inhaled deeply, absorbing the feeling that he was actually going on honeymoon... with his wife... his Naina. She looked the same as she was earlier... yet so different. He had seen her in this hoodie several times, but her henna coloured hands brought such a huge change in her look. She wasn't wearing any makeup, except a hint of sindoor... and it made him swell up in pride.

"You look beautiful... wife." He grazed his fingers on her cheek.

Her shy smile, at both his compliment and the way he called her his wife, urged him to begin the journey quick... and reach their destination.

After they left the internal roads behind and reached the flyover that stretched for kilometres, Naina opened her window, feeling the cold morning air on her face. With almost no cars around, it felt liberating. As the first hint of light cut through the darkness of night, colouring the horizon with a myriad of colours, she remembered a similar journey she had taken about a year back... from Agra to Delhi, watching the colours of sky from her car. She wasn't aware then, that she was moving towards sunrise... leaving the night of her life behind, to the city where a new day awaited her.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें