Banati hai jo tu... woh yaadein jaane sang mere kab tak chalein

Title is the song 'Hawayein' from movie 'Jab Harry met Sejal'

Two days after Ayush's birthday, the family of three was at the airport, waiting to board their flight for New York.

Ayush looked around at the massive International Airport, "Yeh toh pehle wale se bhi big hai na papa."

Sameer was again surprised at his observation power, "Tumhe yaad hai hamara pehle wala trip?"

He nodded, "Mujhe sab yaad hai. Hum ek toys wali shop mein bhi gaye the. Haina?"

Sameer pointed at a large toy store, "Yahan bhi hai. Chalna hai?"

"Nahi. Preeti maasi ne kaha America mein bohot achhe wale toys milte hain. Main wahan se leke aunga. Itne saare." Ayush exclaimed with a twinkle in his eyes, spreading his arms wide.

Naina pulled him close to her, "Tujhe jo bhi chahiye woh le lena. Papa apne Ayush ko sab kuch leke denge."

Sameer fondly looked at them. His thoughts went back to the incident of an year back. Ayush had refused to buy anything from the shop because Naina had taught him not to take gifts from anyone. And now, same Naina was assuring him that Sameer would buy whatever he wanted. The tide had taken the exact direction that he wanted it to take.

"Sameer." Naina shook him, "Kahan kho gaye?"

"Woh main... main kuch soch raha tha." He gave a goofy smile.

She narrowed her eyes, "Aisa kya soch rahe the?"

He took her hand in his, "Yehi ki hamari pichli trip aur yeh trip ke beech mein kitna kuch badal gaya."

Her face eased into a smile, thinking about how his care for Ayush had filled her with warmth in that trip as well.

After all formalities, they boarded the flight at night. Once his initial excitement of seeing the city lights glittering beneath them faded, Ayush fidgeted on the seat. Naina brought out the ear plugs, before he could start feeling the painful pressure in his ears. In no time, he fell asleep in her lap. Leaning back in her seat, she closed her eyes. Though they were in business class today, the whole situation had an uncanny likeness to their previous flight... except the fact that seats were bigger, and there was more distance between her and Sameer.

She looked at him, to find his gaze already on her. He smiled, "Main bhi wohi soch raha hun jo tum soch rahi ho."

Since she couldn't move with Ayush, Sameer shifted closer, pushing back the wide handrest, "Naina, main aaj bhi bohot excited hun, lekin uss din meri excitement ka kya level tha yeh tum soch bhi nahi sakti. Pehli baar tum mere itne kareeb thi. Maine sirf isliye economy class karayi thi jisse tum mere ekdum paas baith sako."

"Tum kuch kaam karte bhi the ya yehi sab plan karte rehte the?" She asked with a teasing smile.

He sighed dramatically, "Madam, bohot papad belne pade." Placing a finger under her chin, he lifted her face, his voice turning low and heavy, "Tab jaake tum mujhe mili ho."

She looked at him... his raven luxurious locks, the chiselled features, deep expressive eyes, soft lips, and his two day old darkness on the jaw... how could she not see at that time how sinfully attractive he was. Probably because her heart was closed to everything around her so her eyes failed to notice anything. However now, every second of her life she was charmed not just by the empathetic heart that he had, but bowled over by his irresistible appeal.

"Ab tum kahan kho gayi?" He nudged her, finding her eyes glazed.

Lowering her eyes with a hint of colour on her cheeks, she shook her head.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें