Aake saansen de mujhe tu... taaki zinda main rahun

I would like to thank all of you who voted my stories as one of their favourites. Your opinion is indeed precious to me. I might not be able to say it to each one of you but I value your love immensely ❤️ A big thank you 🤗

Title is the song 'Tu hai ki nahi' from movie 'Roy'

"Naina phir se coma mein nahi jaa sakti."

The words had stumbled out of him before he could help. In this situation though, all he could think about was Naina. The few seconds her eyes were open, he had seen such pain and emptiness that he knew this was not a normal fainting spell. She was under some grave risk. His heart had dropped to his stomach as her eyes lost all emotions, and turned to stone, before she dropped unconscious. He was crazed, he was scared, he was petrified. It made him break into cold sweat, even thinking about how Naina must have felt when she received the news of her parent's accident. Never in his entire life had he felt so much fear.

Doctor looked at Sameer, "Pehle bhi koi shock laga hai kya inhe jiski wajah se coma mein chali gayi?"

Still reeling from what doctor had just said, Sameer replied in a halting voice, "Sh... shock nahi... overdose... drug overdose."

Both doctors looked at each other. One of them placed a hand on Sameer's shoulder, "Dekhiye, agar aap humein inki complete medical history batayenge toh treatment ke liye achha rahega."

Sameer nodded. All he wanted was to see his Naina open her eyes and look at him again, with same love and warmth. One of the doctors went back to Naina while other one asked Sameer to follow her to the small room ahead. Once they were seated in the cabin, Sameer narrated the incident that happened years ago.

Doctor kept noting something on her writing pad. When he stopped, she asked, "Kya aapko pata hai kaunsi drug thi?"

"Nahi doctor. Main tab Naina ko nahi jaanta tha. Usse bhi koi idea nahi hai. Woh toh victim thi." He said painfully.

"Well, koi bohot strong drug rahi hogi, aur dosage bhi kaafi high diya gaya tha shayad jo do mahine tak unhe hosh nahi aaya. It's a miracle that she survived. Is she... I mean..." Doctor hesitated for a while, "...unhe koi psychological issues toh nahi hain... matlab mental health pe toh koi effect nahi hua na?"

Sameer blinked in stunned silence. Could she have been effected to this extent...

When he didn't answer, doctor said in a milder voice, "Different drugs ke different effects hote hain. Agar unke system ko pehli baar mein hi kuch itna strong diya gaya tha toh kuch bhi ho sakta tha... disability, paralysis... ya phir death."

Sameer clutched the arms of his chair, his heart in his mouth, "Nahi."

"Dekhiye, main aapko saari possibilities bata rahi hun. Meri duty hai. Isse patient ko hi help hoti hai. Aap agar unke baare mein complete information denge toh humein clarity milegi treatment ke liye." Doctor explained.

Sameer expounded whatever he had observed right from the time he met her... her insecurities, her fear, her hatred for men, the nightmares, panic attacks. He told about her parent's accident and demise, and her dream sometime back where she saw him in the same state. He also stated today's events, which led her to this condition.

Doctor leaned back in her chair, "Toh aaj unhe iss baat ka shock laga hai. Probably she thought ki aap bhi unke parents ki tarah... I mean, aise waqt mein dil mein bure khyal pehle aate hain har kisi ko."

"Nai... Naina theek ho jayegi na?" Sameer asked earnestly.

"Hum poori koshish kar rahe hain." Doctor assured him, "Kya uske baad kabhi inhone koi aur drugs..."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें