Mera sab kuch hai piyaa... ab se tere naam

Title is the song 'Afreen Afreen' from Coke studio season 9

After an early dinner at one of the hotels, Sameer drove back home with Naina. Parking the car inside the gate, he asked her to go in while he went around to check whether all side doors and other entrances was locked. Since it was the first time he was doing so in this property, it took him longer than expected. Satisfied after his inspection, he sprinted up the stairs.

Naina was not in the room, which was dimly lit. His gaze fell on the silhouette in the balcony. He smiled. Naina and her love for the moon and starry sky should make him jealous... but it didn't. When he took her in his arms, or kissed her, in presence of her celestial favourites, it gave him a strange power over them... as if he was showing them that he was much closer to her. Invigorated at the thought, he reached the door. With the direction of breeze, her soothing fragrance hit him even before he reached her. Inhaling deeply, he stealthily walked till he was behind her.

He had expected her to be looking up, at the sky, but her lowered head indicated that her gaze was directed to the valley. Before he could take another step to reach her, she stepped back, and leaned on his chest.

"Tumhe bina dekhe kaise pata main tumhare peeche hun?" He couldn't deny that he was taken by surprise at the ease with which she let herself fall back, confident that her weight would be supported by his form.

Her soft voice indicated that she was smiling, "Tumhe mehsoos karne ke liye aankhon ki zarurat nahi hai mujhe... dil kaafi hai."

He wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder, "Mujhe pata nahi tha meri biwi itni romantic hai."

"Achha? Kuch ghante pehle toh mujhe dry biwi keh rahe the." She chuckled.

He tilted his head and placed a light kiss near her ear, "Dry toh tum bilkul nahi ho. Kabhi thi hi nahi. Pehli mulakat mein hi seedha mere dil pe attack kiya tha, woh bhi chocolate se."

"Lekin woh tshirt toh tumne phenk di thi na." Her voice was teasing.

"Hmm." He sighed, "Asar sirf tshirt pe nahi, dil pe hua tha. Bas tabhi se..."

"Tabhi se kya?" She looked back at him, when he didn't complete his sentence.

His voice turned husky, "Tabhi se meetha bohot pasand hai." And his lips met hers, in a lazy, lingering kiss.

Right there, in that Mall, his heart had succumbed to then unknown girl. It took him some time to recognise his feelings, but there was no denying that she had entered his life.

After the slow kiss, she smiled contentedly, placing her hands over his, "Yeh jagah kitni sundar hai."

"Mujhe laga tum shayad chaand taaron se baat kar rahi ho." He peered up at the clear sky.

Naina glanced up once before pointing at the valley, "Aasmaan ke taare nahi, aaj main zameen pe utre hue taaron ko dekh rahi hun."

Sameer looked where she indicated. The town glimmered beneath them, like a reflection of starry sky... but brighter. Amidst the dark surroundings, nothing but city lights were visible, presenting a show of twinkling stars in competition to one above.

"Aisa lagta hai aasmaan ka ek tukda yahan aake gir gaya hai. Yeh aisa taaron ka sheher hai jahan hum jaa sakte hain, inn taaron ko chu sakte hain, unhe apne chaaron taraf mehsoos kar sakte hain." She mumbled dreamily, then sighed, "Bas inke paas chaand nahi hai."

Sameer had seen this view innumerable times. He had found it beautiful, but today, with Naina's words, he found a new aesthetic imparted to what lay before his eyes. It did look like a part of the sky... minus the moon that gleamed up above.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें