O re lamhe tu kahin mat ja

Happy Valentine's Day dear friends ❤❤

The song is 'Muskurane ki wajah tum ho' from the movie 'City Lights'

Sameer paced his hotel room, in deep thoughts. It had been such a beautiful day. Even though he was disturbed in the morning, her gentle persuasion at the breakfast table, her reverence for him and his family, her appreciation for the office environment... it all invigorated him immensely. During the meeting, he had desperately waited for an opportunity where she would call his name... but it didn't happen. And when it did, later... it left him breathless. Sitting in front of her with a straight face, while his heart pounded hard enough to break his ribs, was an effort that should get him an award for acting. He could have asked her to say his name again... but decided not to mention it. One meeting with Mr Kothari could bring such positive result... they had three more days with him. He wasn't losing hope.

But after all this, the shadow of pain returned on her face.

After a perfect day, he did not like leaving Naina in a pensive mood. On top of that, she had refused to come out for dinner. It was only six in the evening yet.

When he was unable to come up with any idea that could brighten her mood... or give him a chance to see her again in the evening, he slumped down on the bed, dejected.

"Main tumhe aise nahi dekh paata, Naina." He mumbled, smashing his fisted hand on the side table.

A large book fell on the floor as his hand hit its edge, instead of landing on the table. Sameer turned to his side and picked up the book. It was a journal about the hotel. With a sigh, he opened it to check what all equipments they had for workout. If there was nothing else to do, he could visit the gym and burn out his frustration.

Checking the book turned out to be a great decision. He sat up, his eyes sparkling in anticipation as he read.

After coming to the room, Naina changed Ayush's clothes and ordered a milk shake for him, along with some fries.

"Thak gaya hai toh soja thodi der." She told him.

Ayush shook his head vigorously, "Ab main wapas strong ho gaya, milkshake pi ke. Mujhe nahi sona. Naina, main colouring kar lun?"

She fetched his crayons and colour book from the suitcase and placed it on the table, "Main change karke aaun? Tujhe akele darr toh nahi lagega na?"

"Naii. Mujhe darr nahi lagta. Tum jao." His attention was already on the bright sticks of colour.

In the bathroom, as Naina stared at her reflection, she couldn't hold back the tears. Sitting on the edge of the bathtub, she covered her face with her palms and cried silently. Half an hour later, she was lying in bed, staring into vacant space when her phone started ringing.

She checked the id, and quietly put the phone against her ear.

"Hello Naina, how is Ayush now? Is he still tired?" His concern for Ayush softened her.

"Nahi ab theek hai. Colouring kar raha hai." She glanced at her brother.

"Aur tum?" He asked in the same voice.

"Main colouring nahi kar rahi."

"Nahi... matlab tum bhi tired feel kar rahi ho?" He rubbed his forehead at the other end.

"I'm fine. Kuch kiya hi nahi saara din toh tired kis cheez se hona tha?" She said plainly.

"Exactly. Itne late lunch ke baad agar room mein baithe rahe aur koi activity nahi hui toh kal fresh feel nahi hoga. Isliye main soch raha tha..." Sameer's hoped he wasn't sounding too pushy when she cut his sentence.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें