Unn bin aave na ik pal chaina

Title is the song 'Bhare Naina' from movie 'Ra.One'

After Sameer left, Naina sat down to work on a report that was due next week but she decided to start preparing it since she had nothing else to do. Nanu was resting in his room, Ayush and Deepika were watching a movie in Ayush's room. She got so engrossed in work that she lost track of time, till her body protested for being in the same position for too long.

Naina straightened to stretch her stiff back, and was shocked at the darkness spread in the room.

"Itni der ho gayi? Sameer ne kaha tha..." She quickly checked her phone, and was instantly relieved to see that it wasn't as late as it appeared. But then, why was it so dark? She got up and pulled the drapes aside.

Azure sky was replaced by a pallor that indicated a dust storm. The wind was slight as of now, but it would pick up speed when the storm hit. It wasn't uncommon for the city to witness such storms, followed by light or heavy rains in summers.

She called up Sameer, "Kitna time aur lagega?"

"Naina, contract details mein kuch discrepancy thi. Maine soft copy mein correction karke phir se print karna start kiya toh guard ne power off kar di... aandhi ke time kar dete hain. Aaj Sunday hai isliye guard bhi ek hi hai. Usse bola toh hai phir se on karne ko. Jaiise hi print ho jayega main company seal laga ke nikal jaunga. Phone ki battery bhi almost khatam hai. Car mein charge kar lunga. Tum tension mat lo. Main start karunga toh call kar dunga." He informed.

Naina peered at the fog type sand suspended in the air, "Sameer, lagta hai tez aandhi ayegi. Please jaldi aane ki koshish karo."

"Don't worry sweetheart." He smiled, "Tum tak aane se mujhe koi aandhi toofan nahi rok sakta."

She couldn't help the smile either, "Zyada hero mat bano. Kaam khatam karo aur ghar aao."

"Okay madam. Wife ki baat ko kaise manaa kar sakta hun." He chuckled, "Bas pandrah bees minute mein start karta hun. I'll let you know. Don't worry."

Naina breathed easy after talking to him. But the moment she ended the call, a strong gush of sandy wind hit the glass door. The storm had arrived.

She immediately dialled Vishakha's number. It went unanswered. Once again, she was worried, and searched for Vivek's number in her list.

"Papa, aap log pohonch gaye kya?" She asked when he picked up.

"Haan Naina, hum mere dost ke ghar pe hain." He said.

"Thank God. Main itna darr gayi thi. Mummy ko call kiya lekin unhone uthaya hi nahi. Achanak se itni tez aandhi aa gayi." She voiced her concern.

"Hum aandhi se pehle hi pohonch gaye the beta. Aur Vishakha," Vivek laughed, "Uska phone bag mein hoga. Woh khud Namrata bhabhi ke saath farmhouse dekh rahi hai." He lowered his voice, because he had company, "Aur khush ho rahi hai bhabhiji ke compliments sunke, jo tumhari wajah se mil rahe hain."

Naina smiled warmly, "Aap tease mat karna ab unhe. Compliments deserve karti hain isliye mil rahe hain. Unpe dress bohot achhi lag rahi thi."

Vivek agreed with her, and told her that they'll leave late, after the storm subsided, and she need not worry.

Naina again called Sameer, to tell him that he must also not leave now, but this time, the call didn't connect.

She went out to nanu's room. He was reading a magazine.

"Nanu, Sameer abhi tak office mein hain." She stated.

Putting aside the magazine, nanu said in a relaxed voice, "Koi baat nahi. Office zyada door thode hi hai. Aa jayega."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें