Kahan gayi saadgi... woh chehra bada tha pyara

Title is the the song 'Yaad na aaye' by singer Akull... and you all know the reason for this song being my title today ☺️ Just want to thank Baba for inspiration

The cruise with Arun, Anjali and their kids was an experience in itself. The yacht gave them a view of several scenic places, including the famous Statue of Liberty, which they visited later, but couldn't go to the top as it needed advance booking.

When Sameer looked disappointed, Naina pressed his arm, "Itni si baat ke liye mood off mat karo."

He sulked, "Pehle pata hota toh main booking karwa leta. Upar se view kitna different hoga."

She smiled, "Isse zyada upar toh hamara room hai hotel mein. Wahan se dekh lo view."

"Main yahan se tumhare aur Ayush ke saath bohot saare achhe moments ki memories leke jaana chahta tha." He muttered in irritation.

"Sameer, memories toh ban rahi hain na. Agar yahan upar jaana allowed hi nahi hota toh? Qutub Minar ki tarah." She formed a curve around her mouth with her thumb and index finger, "Yeh view sabse zyada pasand hai mujhe aur Ayush ko. Aur iske liye advance booking bhi nahi karni padti."

Instantly, his face lit up with a dazzling smile, "Tum kisi baat se tensed nahi hoti na. How cool."

She twitched her mouth, giving a quick look around to ensure that no one could hear them, then whispered in a sultry voice, "I'm not cool... I'm hot, Mr Husband."

She had joined others before he could recover.

Sameer did not agree with her though... she was as much cool as she was hot, sizzling hot... a combination that made him more and more crazy for her.

Coming week was leisurely spent in some roaming around, and some relaxed time with Arun Anjali and their children in the hotel. Since the elder couple was well versed with the city, they suggested less crowded but interesting places to visit, to eat and shop too. Anjali and Naina indulged in a shopping trip as well, while the men stayed back at the hotel with kids. By the end of their stay, both families had become quite friendly, and exchanged numbers, promising to visit each other whenever possible.

For their remaining one week of stay in New York, Sameer had booked a different place in another part of the city, next to a beach. The resort here wasn't a tall building but a two storied cosy villa. It had a dining hall on ground floor and suites on first and second floor. Their suite had vintage looking rooms, with a bright central hall, having glass walls facing the sea, which opened into a huge balcony. Few easy chairs and two hammocks in the balcony made it perfect for a seaside holiday. Whole place had an airy, cheerful vibe. While Naina was checking the rooms, Ayush sprinted out to the balcony, hearing the sound of waves. Sameer followed him, and settled on one of the easy chairs besides the low railing.

Ayush was stunned to see the vast expanse of sea spread till the horizon, "Itna saara water? Isko khaali kaise karte hain?"

Sameer gave him a puzzled look, "Khaali kyon karenge?"

He blinked a few times before looking at him, "Club wala swimming pool bhi toh khaali karte hain, jab clean karna hota hai. Maine ek baar dekha tha. Bhalla aunty ke saath gaye the na swimming karne... uss din pool khaali tha, usme water hi nahi tha."

Sameer marvelled at his acumen. Ruffling his hair, he explained, "Yeh pool nahi sea hai. Iski waves mein hamesha saaf paani hi aata hai, kyonki woh wahan door se aata hai" He pointed towards the horizon, "aur wahan toh koi swimming nahi kar sakta isliye paani dirty bhi nahi hota."

"Arre haan." Ayush rounded his eyes in realisation, "Itni door tak swimming karne se toh sab tired ho jaynege. Mumma jab Naina thi na, woh bhi kabhi kabhi tired ho jaati thi. Lekin main nahi hota. Main strong hun."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें