Tu mera rog hai... tu hi dawaa

Title is the song 'Tu hi hai ashiqui' from movie 'Dhishkiyaon'

Naina had just finished her lunch when Deepika came rushing to her room, after changing and freshening up.

"Bhabhi, lunch ho gaya na... ab aap medicines lo, mere saamne." She stood with crossed arms.

Naina checked the time on her phone, "Deepika, main le lungi, tum jaake lunch kar lo. Tumhe uske baad coaching class bhi jaana hai."

"Isiliye keh rahi hun, aap jaldi se medicines le lo jisse main late na ho jaun. Mujhe ensure karna hai ki aapki koi dose miss na ho." She said adamantly.

Naina was amused, "Yeh sirf vitamins hain. Don't worry main le lungi."

Deepika shook her head, "Sorry, lekin bhai se daant nahi khaani mujhe. Aap please jaldi lo na. Mujhe report banani hain unhe."

Having no option, Naina picked the glass of water and gulped down two tablets she was asked to take after meals. Satisfied, Deepika grinned and blew a kiss to her before running out, her voice trailing behind, "Yeh bhai ki taraf se."

Naina's eyes turned wide. Sameer had asked her to give a flying kiss!!

She grabbed her phone. There was no answer even after repeated rings.

"Shayad meeting ke liye silent pe rakha hoga." Her anger simmered down as she thought about him handling everything alone at office, "Sorry Sameer, kaash main tumhare saath hoti."

Sameer had same thoughts as he stepped out of the conference room. The meeting had taken longer than expected. He glanced at his watch. Naina must have had her lunch by now. He checked the messages. A smile erupted on his face at Deepika's message 'Mission accomplished bhai. Lunch aur medicine dono done."

His kid sister was actually not a kid anymore. Naina had made him realise that Deepika was a responsible, smart teenager, who needed to be treated accordingly, not always brushed off as a child. In fact, he had learnt to behave differently with her only after he had observed Naina with Ayush in the initial days. The way Ayush took care of his belongings, managed his daily chores, insisted to do things himself... it dawned on him that caring for children didn't mean serving everything to them on a platter. Her small gestures were life lessons for Ayush. She pampered him with his favourite things, but did not spoil him by giving in to every demand. Ayush was aware that if he wants a treat, he had to earn it. Naina really knew how to take good care of children.

With a smile, he entered his room, checking missed calls. The name his eyes were searching for popped up instantly. He was about to call back when his eyes lit up. Why call when he could go back and see her. He quickly checked his schedule. Except for a Department meeting at four, there was nothing important that he couldn't manage on his laptop. A quick call to department head changed the meeting to next day morning, and he left for home.

Naina had been repeatedly checking her phone, waiting for Sameer to call back, or at least message her. But the meeting seemed to be a long one. She did not come to know when she drifted off to sleep.

A soft caress on her cheek brought a smile on her lips. With her eyes shut, she mumbled incoherently. The touch again made her stir. This time, she opened her eyes lazily. A face loomed into her vision. With a sigh, she turned, hugging his pillow, "Jaldi aao na. I miss you."

Sameer grinned. Throwing his blazer on the couch, he slipped in beside her, wrapping his arms tight around her. Her eyes snapped open and a loud gasp escaped her as she tried to sit up, but his arms held her in bed.

"Tumne bulaya, main aa gaya." He whispered against her ear.

"Sam... Sameer! Tum sach mein ho?" She was startled out of slumber, "Kya time hua hai? Main phir se so gayi thi kya? Raat ho gayi? Mujhe..."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें