Aaj nahi toh kal tujhko toh bas meri hona re

Title is the popular song 'Tainu le ke main javanga' from movie 'Salam-e-ishq'

Naina could not move her eyes away from Sameer. There was no reason for her to doubt what he had said. His dark eyes bore into hers, professing the love of his heart every second. How could she not see it ever? How could she not understand?

But she had seen... this emotion had flickered in his eyes several times. Only, she could not believe it could be true. She had closed her mind... and heart... to accept any signals coming to her. Nonetheless, it had reached her today, loud and clear. Sameer... he was the person who had made her heart wake up to feelings which she thought were dead in her. He had awakened her to the emotions that brought back the lost smile, the happiness that she thought was gone forever. But what she didn't kindle for a single moment was hope... hope of seeing herself with him, ever.

Because she knew.

She knew they could not be together. She could never be the one to fit in his life, his world. She could not do it to him... because she loved him too much.

Bringing her hands up, she pushed at his arms, freeing herself from his grip, and walked away to the edge of the terrace. Holding the grill tight, she closed her eyes, gathering strength. Sameer did not move from his place. He stood watching her back, from where he was. Of course she needed time. Everything was so sudden, so unexpected. None of them could have anticipated Bhalla aunty urging them to do something which was absolutely normal in her eyes, but it changed their life instantly.

Sameer smiled. He was ready for this change, he was desperately waiting for this to happen... but for Naina, it was no less than a shock. Her stunned reaction was understandable. On top of it, he had confessed his love abruptly. He could not even fathom what her state of mind would be at the moment.

Naina was lost. She had no idea how to react to this sudden storm that had raged into her life. When aunty insisted on mangalsutra, she somehow palliated the action telling herself that it was just a simple chain. But when aunty asked Sameer to put sindoor, she went completely numb, even fearing how Sameer would react to it. He not only went ahead doing everything, he later said he loved her.

HE LOVED HER.

No, he should not... he cannot. She could not let him in her life. Her messed up life wasn't something he could deal with.

"Naina. Tumhe khana kha lena chahiye. Aunty ne kaha tumne subah se kuch nahi khaya hai." His soft voice fell in her ears from behind.

It was then that she realised she had actually not eaten anything after the heavy meal that aunty made her eat in the morning. Except for a coffee in office and a cup of tea with aunty after the pooja, she had not taken anything, till Sameer fed her the piece of sweet. Unknowingly, she had fasted... fasted for him. Startled, she turned suddenly. Finding him right behind her, she leaned back, and her upper body went over the railing. Sameer quickly lurched ahead, grabbing her around the waist and pulled her towards himself with a jerk. Naina gasped as she got pinned against him, holding onto the lapels of his jacket.

The initial shock of her fall wavered as Sameer looked into her wide eyes. This was the first time she had fallen on him because of his action. Whether she comprehended that or not, he wasn't sure, but he was enamoured by the thought that he had the right to take her in his arms now. If he was captivated by her beauty earlier, now he was spellbound, seeing the red mark in the parting of her hair, and black beads around her neck.

"You're beautiful, Naina. Very beautiful." Keeping her pressed close, he whispered.

"I'm not. Aap mujhe nahi jaante. Aap kuch nahi jaante." Her eyes had a forlorn look, as she whispered back, not making any effort to get away.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें