Meri hansi tujhse meri khushi tujhse tujhe khabar kya bekhabar

Naina opened her eyes to see the room filled with light that seeped in through the wide doors. The clear blue sky was visible from the room, with just a few wisps of cottony clouds. Sun wasn't out yet but the day promised to be a bright one. She drew in a deep breath, thinking about last night. A shy smile, along with a warm glow on her cheeks made her happy again. She slipped out of the bed, and pushed away the curtains, letting all the light fall directly in the room. With a smile, she went about to clean her room before going for a bath.

When she stepped out later, the silence in the house and closed door of Ayush's room meant both Sameer and Ayush weren't up yet. She opened the door of Ayush's room as softly as she could. The sight that greeted her not just warmed her heart but made it flutter rapidly. Ayush was sleeping on his stomach while Sameer slept on his side, facing Ayush, his hand resting on Ayush's back. The quilt was covering the little boy till where the large hand lay, spanning over his entire small back. Sameer's quilt, however, was lying crumpled near his feet. His other arm was wrapped around the pillow, his head resting on the bulging biceps. With one leg folded at the knee, he seemed to be in deep sleep. It gave Naina a chance to observe his face... unabashedly. The silken locks spread on his forehead in a wild mess, almost covering his eyes. She was surprised to see how his long lashes laid on his cheeks, which seemed to be a little puffed. There was a slight frown, which wasn't easily identifiable as she couldn't see the creases on his forehead but his eyelids showed some lines. Even his lips were pressed in a thin line. The darkness on his jaw, which was more than other days yesterday, seemed even more pronounced now. The sharp contrast of his fair skin with the bristled shadow made his handsome face even more... she searched for a word, till the one that came to her mind made her almost gasp aloud... but she couldn't deny... he looked incredibly hot.

Naina was astounded at her own thoughts, and quickly turned her gaze away. Such words were not a part of her vocabulary. A deep blush crept up on her face. She had been wantonly gawking at him, while he slept unaware of her brazen scrutiny. What if he woke up at this moment... and caught her. Mortified, Naina silently moved to the other side of the bed. Leaning towards Ayush, she placed a hand over his cheek. It wasn't warm. With a smile, she pushed his hair away from the forehead. Ayush stirred. His eyes slowly opened to fix on Naina. A smile spread on his face.

Before she could stop him, or ask him to remain quiet, Ayush held her hand and pulled her to sit next to him, calling out, "Good morning, Naina."

She placed a finger on his lips. He frowned, speaking through her finger, "Kya hua, Naina?"

She flicked her brows behind him. Ayush craned his neck. The realisation made him grin, "Sameer last aaye uthne mein."

The voice made Sameer mumble something incoherent. He stretched his hand that now lay on the bed after Ayush had shifted to Naina's lap. First thing that came to his vision when he slowly opened his eyes was Naina's face.

With a crooked smile, he closed them again, "Good morning, Naina."

"Good morning." She answered, her voice soft.

There was a silence of a few seconds, then his eyes shot open. The view of Ayush grinning at him as he remained perched in Naina's lap... and her downcast eyes, made him realise that she was actually here... not a dream, like all other days. He jolted upright, praying that he hadn't said... or done... anything except the greeting.

"Good morning, Sameer. Aap last aaye. Naina first uthi, main second... aur aap sabse end mein." Ayush giggled.

Seeing a hint of smile on Naina's face, he breathed in relief. All seemed to be well. Extending his arm, he placed his fingers on the side of Ayush's neck.

"Great. Fever nahi hai tumhe." Giving a broad grin to his little friend, Sameer turned his gaze to Naina, "Did you sleep well? Ab kaisa lag raha hai?"

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें