Mujhpe barsi jo teri nigahein... meri saanson ne badli adayein

Tragedy strikes

My wattpad went blank today. Despite several attempts, I couldn't save my draft. Had to uninstall and install the app again.

I have been able to retype only half the update. I would have preferred to post tomorrow but I know how much you all are waiting for the Apple story 😉 So here it goes, a small update.

Title is the song 'Tere naina' from the movie 'My name is Khan'

Sameer stood at the balcony door, gazing outside. Since it was a sunny day, he had opened the glass doors, soaking the warmth of the afternoon sun. Naina was expected around lunch time. There was still an hour. Ever since she left, he had sneezed only twice. The stuffiness also was much lesser. Still annoyed at the wrong timing of his morning sneeze, he desperately waited for her.

As if in answer, her fragrance wafted in the air. He inhaled deeply, "Ab toh hawa mein bhi tumhari hi khushbu aati hai, Maina."

"Sirf meri? Apple ki khushbu nahi aayi?" Her voice was soft.

He turned abruptly. There she was, standing in front of him. No, it can't be. He rubbed his eyes.

"Main hi hun... aapke saamne." She smiled sweetly.

"Naina." Thrilled, he took a step towards her, his arms extended.

"Ahn ahn..." She shook her head, raising the plate, "Fruits gir jayenge. Aapke liye laayi hun."

"Haan main kha lunga. Lekin pehle woh jo subah tumne bola tha... jo adhura reh gaya tha." He impatiently took the plate and put it on the chest of drawers beside the door, before pulling her in his arms.

"Door khula hai." She placed her hands on his chest, keeping a distance between them.

"Right. Isse pehle koi aur aake disturb kare, isse band kar deta hun." He rushed towards the door, locked it and came back to engulf her again in his arms.

"Sabse important toh aapki health hai na. Pehle fruits kha lijiye. Mummy ne kaha aapko yeh fruits bohot pasand hain." She picked up the plate and flaunted at him, keeping it between them so he couldn't reach her.

With a frown, he grabbed it, intending to finish the task as fast as possible. When he glanced at the plate, his nose scrunched, "Naina, baaki sab kha lunga lekin apple... nahi khata main. I don't like it at all."

She fluttered her eyelashes innocently, "Oh mujhe malum nahi tha. Sorry... par pata nahi mujhe aisa kyon laga ki aapko apple mein kaafi interest hai."

"Apple mein interest?" He gave her a baffled look, stuffing a piece of papaya in his mouth, "Mujhe toh sirf apni Maina mein interest hai." He winked, leaning towards her.

She moved back, "Toh phir aapko meri baat manni padegi... apple khana padega."

"Kya yaar Naina." He protested, munching the pears, "Saari baat toh maanta hun. Apple mujhe sach mein pasand nahi."

"Uss din toh bohot pasand tha. Aapne hi kaha tha... health ke liye achha hota hai." She imitated him, speaking in a heavier voice.

"Maine kab kaha?" Sameer asked, amidst last mouthful of grapes. The plate now had just a few slices of apple.

"Jab Niharika aayi thi... uske agle din... subah... kitchen mein." She kept taking small steps back.

Sameer was stumped. Niharika... how were apples related to her.

She rolled her eyes, "Sunday subah... jab main chai banane gayi thi sabke liye. Yaad kijiye."

And the morning she was talking about suddenly became clear in his mind. His eyes widened, "Naina... tab toh... woh toh... tumne hi toh..."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें