Humpe yeh kisne hara rang daala

Title is the very famous song of movie 'Devdas'

Sameer was pacing the room, infuriated. Since morning, he had been desperate to spend some time with Naina but this visit of some old relatives had kept her away from him whole day. All his messages had shown his desperation but Naina did not come to the room. They could neither go out for lunch as planned nor could she be with him after the tiresome cooking got over... because his mom wanted to see her in the new saree.

"What?" He stopped abruptly, "Saree? Maine toh ab tak nahi dekhi. This is not fair. Main abhi jaake..." Grumbling, he darted towards the door... and collided with Naina who had just taken a step inside the room.

His arms instinctively went around her. She clutched the jewellery boxes to her chest but saree bag slipped out of her hand and fell.

Sameer gaped at her, open mouthed.

"Itni jaldi mein kahan jaa rahe hain aap?" She inquired, trying to straighten up.

When the boxes poked at his chest, Sameer realised the distance they created. He snatched them from her and threw on the bed, oblivious to the fact that one box opened, and a necklace fell out.

"Jaldi? Tumhe abhi bhi lag raha hai jaldi hai? Naina, main subah se tumhari wait kar kar ke pagal ho gaya hun." He pulled her in his arms, crushing her to his chest.

She wrapped her arms around him, "Sorry Sameer, main lunch ke liye nahi chal paayi. Bohot koshish ki lekin kal pakka chalenge."

He inhaled deeply, "Lunch bhi miss ho gaya aur uske baad ka meetha bhi."

Her lips curled into a smile against him, he could feel. Lifting his head to see her face, he winked, "Waise abhi bhi meetha mil jaaye toh... I don't mind."

"Mummy ne kaha hai main jaldi se ready ho jaun. Woh log aane wale hain." She mumbled, keeping a straight face.

"Main bhi keh raha hun... jaldi se ready ho jao... meri baat kab manogi?" His voice turned to a hoarse whisper as he hooked a finger under her chin to make her look up.

"Aapko... aapko nanu... ne bulaya hai. Kuch... dena chahte hain aapko." She recalled nanu calling out to her from outside his room when she was coming, and asking her to send Sameer down.

Sameer sighed, "Mujhe pata hai aaj ka din tumne gharwalon ke naam kiya hai. Lekin main interest ke saath sab wasool karunga, yaad rakhna."

After he left, she picked up the saree from the floor and arranged the jewellery properly in the box. In her heart, she was feeling bad for not being able to reciprocate the love that Sameer always showered on her. He never failed to make her feel special. In fact, for the first time in her life, she was feeling a lightness in her heart, of living for herself. He had brought that change in her in just a few days. She loved him with every pore of her being, but was not able to show it the way he did. Looking at the saree and jewellery, she narrowed her eyes. Maybe this was a sign... a sign of destiny to show her that she was seen as his wife by everyone, and it was time she also see herself as the same.

With a determined exhale, she gathered the clothes and went to the washroom. Sameer hadn't yet come back from nanu's room when she came out, wearing the saree. Tying her hair in a knot on top of her head, she decided to first put some makeup, wear the jewellery and then do her hair in the end, which she wanted to leave open, given the low cut of the blouse at the back. The design was decided by the designer, saying that this is what matched the classy saree that she had chosen. Naina had never worn such a blouse, but she wasn't uncomfortable, as she was used to wearing all sorts of outfits.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें