Bol na halke halke

"Naina, Garvit ko green pasta khana hai." Ayush tugged at Naina's arm.

Moving back to the group of kids, Naina, along with Roshni and Kamal, got busy in serving them. They loved the multicoloured food items, and enjoyed fresh juices with the fruit platter. Coloured pasta was a hit too, along with other things she had made. In the end, kids were thrilled to get different flavoured jelly.

"Dekho toh Bhalla saab, Parth kaise khush hoke saare fruits kha raha hai. Jhanvi ab kahegi na ki uska beta khata nahi toh bolungi Naina se puch ke aa kaise khilate hain. Sab bachhe maze se do do bowl kha rahe hain fruits ke. Aur dekho, Naina ne sabki tarah noodles aur patties na rakh ke kitni achhi cheezen banayi hain. Badi mehenti ladki hai." Sameer heard Bhalla aunty praising Naina, and his chest swelled up in pride... indeed, his Naina was perfect, in everything.

Ayush pulled his hand, bringing him out of his favourite work of late, admiring the girl of his dreams.

Ayush pointed at the table, "Naina ke..."

"Naina ki help karun? Okay. Chalo." Sameer immediately cut him before Ayush could call him 'Naina ke sir' again.

"Naina ki nahi, meri. Rehan ko upar wala balloon chahiye. Utaar do na." Ayush implored, pointing at the blue balloon.

Sameer was more than glad to take him away from there, and made sure he was around Ayush throughout, so there was no risk of him calling him by the name that Naina didn't want to disclose.

When it was time to go, Naina brought the colourfully packed return gifts, and handed to each one of the kids. Ayush jumped around in exhilaration, when some of them opened the gifts and found puzzle blocks and colouring sets. When he asked Naina for the permission to go to the park with his friends, she let him go, as he had eaten properly with his friends.

Roshni quickly cleaned the room and Kamal cleared the table once the kids were gone. Naina served the food to aunty and uncle, apologising for not attending to them earlier.

"Bachhon se pehle khate kya hum? Tu bhi na, Naina... chal ab tum dono bhi kuch kha lo. Lunch kiya tha ya subah se hi kaam mein lagi hai?" Aunty never failed to show her concern for her.

"Lunch mein Naina ne fried rice banaye the... kamaal ke." Sameer blurted before Naina could answer.

"Yeh pasta bhi kam nahi hai. Khana bada achha banati hai tu, puttar. Tera pati bada lucky hai. Lekin kismat dekh bechare ki... tere haath ka achha achha khana hum log kha rahe hain aur woh wahan Dubai mein kachha pakka banata hoga. Waise thoda bohot aata hai na usse? Ya bahar hi khata hai roz?" Bhalla aunty was curious.

Again Sameer beat Naina to answer, "Kuch nahi aata. Naina jaise toh woh saat janam mein nahi bana sakta."

Aunty laughed, "Arre toh saat janam ke liye hamari gudiya si Naina usko mil gayi hai. Uski bhook pyas sab isko dekh ke hi mar jaati hogi."

Naina choked on the sandwich she was eating.

Bhalla aunty quickly asked Roshni to get water. When her coughing subsided after a few sips, aunty winked, "Pakka yaad kar raha hoga tujhe, isliye khansi aa gayi."

Bhalla uncle chuckled at his wife, "Yaad toh hamesha karta hoga na. Jaise main karta hun tujhe jab bahar jaata hun."

"Main... main jelly laati hun aap logon ke liye." Naina escaped from the room, her face burning at the discussion of her non existent husband.

"Kaise sharma jaati hai jab bhi iske husband ki baat karo. Mujhe toh samajh nahi aata aisi kya job hai uski jo chod nahi sakta. Beta, tum toh jaante ho na usko... usko kehna itne mahine door rehna theek nahi hai. Wapas aaye aur apne ghar walon ko manaye. Koi Naina jaisi ladki se kaise naraaz reh sakta hai... ek baar milenge toh fauran pasand kar lenge." Aunty asserted, looking at Sameer.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें