Chupke se teri neendon mein khwabon mein khyalon mein chaunga

Title is the song 'Ek din tera ho jaunga' from movie 'Naqab'

Naina was thankful that Sameer didn't stay after the kitchen incident. She was in no position to face him. Was he really... could he have... kissed her?

Hiding her face in her palms, Naina shook her head. No he wouldn't. She was sure. Sameer had not even touched her before their ma... she gulped, realising that she had acknowledged it as what it was... a marriage. Even though incomplete, it had bound the two of them together for lifetime. But she had to find a way... to free him... to let him lead a life away from her demons.

In the evening, Ayush picked a red kurta for himself, "Naina, main yeh pehnunga. Sameer ne kaha tha unhe bhi kurta pasand hai."

"Toh ab tu apni choice ke nahi Sameer ki choice ke kapde pehenega? Meri baat toh maanta nahi hai... main gussa ho jaun kya?" Naina showed him fake annoyance.

Ayush wrapped his arms around her neck, kissing her cheek, "Tum gussa mat hona. Kal jo tum bologi woh pehen lunga. Aaj Sameer ke ghar jaana hai toh unki choice maanni chahiye na... woh kitne khush ho jayenge. Tum na... tum bhi Sameer se puch ke hi dress pehenna... unke jaise colour same same karke." He put a hand on his mouth and chuckled.

Flustered, Naina got up with a jerk, "Mujhe jo achha lagega woh pehenungi. Kisi se puchne ki zarurat nahi hai."

Ayush pouted, "Tum achhi friend nahi ho."

With a fake smile, she pinched his nose, "Lekin tu sabse achha bhai hai... jo mujhe iss musibat mein daal diya... teri wajah se jaana padega unke ghar. Chal ready hoja."

Ayush frowned, "Haww. Meri wajah se thodi. Sameer toh pehle tumhare sir the na... mere friend baad mein bane. Hum unke ghar sirf tumhari wajah se jayenge." And he stuck out a tongue at her, before running away to the washroom to freshen up.

Naina thought of the time she considered him only her boss, before she realised she had fallen for him. Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined that one day he would get so close to her.

Looking up, she sighed, "Zindagi mein jab bhi kuch maanga, tumne nahi diya. Lekin ek chahat, jo maine kabhi sapne mein bhi nahi socha tha mujhe milegi, tumne bina maange de di... kyon? Sameer ka toh soch lete? Woh ek khoobsurat kal deserve karte hain... unka aane wala kal mein mere andheron ka daag kyon laga rahe ho?"

After the pooja at home, Sameer eagerly glanced at the gate several times.

"Mujhe Naina ki baat manni hi nahi chahiye thi. Main pick karne jaata toh kab ka leke aa gaya hota. Ab pata nahi woh kitni der se aayegi." He muttered in frustration, hitting his palm with the fist of another hand till he recalled her reaction in the kitchen at her house.

"Oh no! Kahin aisa toh nahi Naina ne uss baat ki wajah se apna plan change kar liya. Damn Sameer, tujhe aisa nahi karna chahiye tha. Abhi Naina ne tujhe accept tak nahi kiya aur tune baat itni aage badha di... I think mujhe hi jaake Naina aur Ayush ko le aana chahiye." He grabbed the car keys from a stand near main door and rushed out.

Sameer had reached the gate to open it when Naina's car came to a halt near it. His eyes sparkled at the familiar number plate. Ayush alighted from back seat... he had taken Preeti's words too seriously. Naina stepped out, and went to the other side to pick up a bag from the seat next to hers.

Unable to take his eyes off her, Sameer took in every single detail... she was again wearing an Indian outfit, a midnight blue kurta with flared bottoms. The sprinkling of golden sequins on the kurta gave it an appearance of a night sky... with twinkling stars. And she was of course the moon... glowing more than any star, any light, any diya on the parapets of houses around.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें