Mujhe kuch kehna hai

It was only Naina and Sanya in the cafe that day as Dhruv and Vedika had gone to the factory and Farhan was on leave.

Naina had become used to the gang's chatter which she was missing today, "Aaj kitna shaant lag raha hai. Mazaa hi nahi aa raha. Sabke saath achha lagta hai. Aaj..."

Vikas's annoying voice boomed from behind, "Toh aaj hum company de dete hain. Aap jaisi pretty girls ko akele rehna chahiye bhi nahi."

Sanya, who wasn't aware of his intentions but disliked him still, said drily, "Thanks, but humein meeting ke liye kuch details sort out karni hain. Immediately lunch ke baad meeting hai. So please excuse us."

Naina didn't glance up at him as he stood next to their table, looking from one to another. She was sure she would lash out at him... a person who fibbed in such a callous manner about his parents was not someone she could tolerate around her.

Vikas softened his voice, "Oh no problem. Aap log bohot dedicated ho. I like that. Main bhi yehi maanta hun ki sabse important work hai... after all iss job se hi humein sab kuch milega. You guys carry on. I won't disturb you. Bye Naina, bye Sanya."

Sanya was a little softer in returning his 'Bye'. Naina just nodded, apparently busy in the charts displayed on her phone screen.

"Yeh ladka samajh nahi aata. Kabhi itni sweetly baat karta hai kabhi roadside gunde ke jaise." Sanya whispered once he was gone.

"Go with the second one. Meri gut feeling bhi kuch achhi nahi hai iske liye. Let's not talk about him. Chal khaana order kar dete hain." Naina tried to shake off the boiling anger.

After lunch, she pondered over what Vedika had said. Though they didn't have any proof, she couldn't sit still and let a dirty minded person swindle the company and deceive such decent people. If not Mr Maheshwari, probably she could tell Rohan... they had become quite comfortable with each other.

"Haan, bata dena chahiye. Uske baad woh log khud find out kar lenge jo proof chahiye. At least mujhe guilty feel nahi hoga ki maine chup rehke yeh sab hone diya." She made a decision.

Rohan was working on his laptop when she knocked.

"Yes." He gave her a quick glance and beamed, "Oh Naina, come come. What a perfect time for your entry. I need your help."

She walked in. And next one hour was gone in work before she realised why she had come here.

"Thank God time pe ho gaya. Abhi papa aur nanu ne bulaya hai. Mujhe toh laga tha main kar hi nahi paunga meeting ke time tak. But thanks to you, it's all in perfect order. Chalo ab main jaata hun. Aur haan, if I get delayed, tum nikal jaana. As I've said before, you need not wait." Rohan quickly gathered the laptop and left.

"I think Rohan pe bohot pressure hai sab kuch time pe khatam karne ka. Kuch dinon mein usse jaana hai. It won't be right to burden him. I think mujhe Mr Maheshwari se hi baat karni chahiye. Unhone kaha tha starting mein ki koi problem ho toh unhe bata sakti hun. Meri personal na sahi par problem toh hai na. Haan, yehi theek rahega. I'll talk to him after this meeting gets over today. Vedika nahi hai toh aaj hi better rahega nahi toh woh phir rok legi mujhe." Naina was determined now.

But she didn't get a chance. The meeting hadn't got over till it was time for her to leave... and she couldn't stay longer. She had no option but to postpone her revelation.

Sameer had been successful in avoiding Naina for two days. It wasn't easy for him. First thing he looked for when he reached office was her car in the parking area. And it was always at the designated place. Naina was punctual, no doubt. He did not visit the cafe except for a ten minute quick lunch break at the beginning of his lunch hour, lest he came across her group again.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें