Bajaa kya hai dekho zaraa tum ghadi

The iconic title song doesn't need any explanation. We have heard it in our favourite show as well.

When Sameer woke up the next morning, Naina was nowhere. With sleepy eyes, he looked at the light switch of washroom. It was off. The door to terrace was closed too.

"Ayush ke paas hogi." He mumbled, getting up to go and check.

Only when he found Ayush's room silent, with him sleeping soundly, did his eyes open fully. He rushed down to look for her. Naina was neither in the kitchen, nor in garden outside. Rest of his family was asleep too, since it was a holiday.

"Kahan ho tum Naina?" He ran back to his room, and picked up his phone.

First thing he saw was her message.

'Good morning. Going for a jog. Aap wapas so jaiye. You need rest.'

With a relieved sigh, he flopped back on the bed, "Kya Naina. Subah subah dara diya." Next instant, he was annoyed, "Aise akele chod ke jog pe jaana zaruri tha kya? Aaj toh office bhi nahi hai. Aaram se hum apni subah ek doosre ki baahon mein bita sakte the."

An hour later, when Naina sauntered in the room, he was sleeping on his stomach, lying diagonally on the bed. One of his foot dangled in air. She smiled, seeing the childish pout on his face. Carefully, she lifted his leg to place on the bed, gently covered him with the quilt that lay discarded and went for her bath.

Sameer turned, and got tangled in the quilt. "Offo, yeh phir se kaise aa gaya." He wrestled with it, trying to free his legs, "Jab room mein temperature control rehta hai toh itne bhaari blanket ki kya zarurat hai. Mummy ko bhi pata nahi kya lagta hai. Antartica mein rehte hain kya hum log." Muttering to himself, he threw aside the annoying blanket, and rolled over to scan the room.

Sound of clicking made him look at the main door, but it was the washroom door that opened, and Naina stepped out. He quickly feigned sleep, keeping one eye open just a crack. She had washed her hair. The delicate fragrance of her shampoo filled the room instantly. He watched as she dabbed her damp hair with towel, and flicked them back. One such morning in Jaipur, she had done something similar, and dripping ends of her hair had landed on his face. How he had wished to feel the same bliss again. Today, however, she brought out a hair dryer.

Naina plugged in the hair dryer, but paused when she was about to switch it on. She looked back at Sameer. He was sleeping. The sound would definitely disturb him. Putting it away, she rolled her damp hair around her hand and tied them in a bun, to avoid her tshirt getting wet at the back. Sameer quickly shut his eyes when he saw her coming towards him. Shaking her head at the discarded quilt, she dragged it over him. Just when she was tucking it around his shoulder, Sameer opened his eyes. She blinked a few times, then smiled, "Good morning."

He held her wrists before she could straighten, "Kaise hogi meri morning good? Subah tum akela chod ke kyon gayi? Mujhe utha deti, main bhi saath chalta."

Without hesitation, she sat down at the edge of the bed, near his waist, "Aapko rest ki zarurat hai. Kal bhi headache tha na... isliye aapki neend disturb nahi karna chahti thi. Next Saturday chal padna."

"Disturb?" He arched a brow. Before she could answer, he pulled her down, holding her by elbows, "Tumhare paas rehne se disturb hota hun? Aisa lagta hai kya tumhe?"

"I didn't mean that. Main toh bas isliye keh rahi thi..." With her forearms resting on him, she fell quiet when his hand slipped behind her and tugged at her bun, making her wet locks fall over her shoulders.

He held a strand and brought it to his nose, inhaling deeply. The scent invigorated him immeasurably. He clutched a handful and swayed the ends over his face, the drops landing on his skin.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें