Tumse mil ke

Naina waited for a few seconds for the person at the door to move aside. When he didn't, she took one step back. His impeccable clothes and confident stature left no doubt that he was someone of authority.

"Good morning, sir." Naina greeted him in a soft voice.

Sameer was even more mesmerised by the voice, though he had heard it the previous day. His eyes, however, were not ready to move away from her deep brown ones, where he could see his own reflection.

"Arre Sameer, aa gaya tu. Breakfast kiya na?" Nanu's voice seemed to be coming from far away.

Naina turned, looking at Mr Jai Prakash Maheshwari. The room loomed in view for Sameer finally... and he realised all eyes were on him.

"Uhh, woh main... I'll just come. Kuch kaam hai." Sameer needed some time.

After he turned and moved away from the door, Naina walked out. Instead of going to the lift, she went in the opposite direction and took the stairs for the floor above. By the time she returned with the file Rohan wanted, Sameer had somewhat controlled the storm that had churned up inside him. He entered the room a few seconds after her.

"Kya hua, bhai? Aapki bhi files reh gayi thi kya?" Rohan asked.

And it dawned on Naina that he was the other grandson, one of the owners.

Nanu looked up, "Sameer, Vikas kahan hai? Usse bol deta."

"Kaun Vikas?" Sameer said blankly.

"Tumhara assistant. Bhool gaye kya? Naina meri assistant hai, aur Vikas tumhara." Rohan waved a hand towards Naina.

Sameer couldn't help but look at her, "Naina?"

Nanu smiled, "Arre main bhi bhool gaya, tum log toh mile hi nahi abhi tak. Naina, yeh hai Sameer, mera doosra naati. Yeh marketing aur distribution handle karta hai. Aur Sameer, yeh Naina Agarwal... Rohan ki new assistant."

"Good morning, sir." Naina repeated her words, this time with a smile.

And Sameer was sure he had heard this voice before the previous day when he met her in the lift, along with nanu and Rohan. But he was also sure that this was the first time he had looked into such deep, dreamy yet mysterious eyes... he wouldn't have forgotten had he seen her earlier. The contrasts perplexed him.

Meeting started on time. While others discussed the points, Sameer marvelled at Naina's knowledge about their company, aware that she had joined just the day before. She confidently presented the sales figures of last quarter for different types of material, and showed the comparison tally of the same from previous year.

Though he tried to stop himself from looking at her directly, he couldn't help observing evey detail of her appearance discreetly. When she had stood in front of him, she was reaching his shoulders... with her heels, which he noticed now. So she wasn't very tall, just about 5' 2". But the outfit was giving her a tall appearance when she was making the presentation. Her smartly fitted pant and jacket suit and black shirt under it suited her exceptionally. Her long hair were in a tamed ponytail and he could see that it fell upto her lower waist. The smooth complexion and perfectly set features made her look beautiful but the most intriguing part was her eyes. He swallowed hard as he noticed her eyes again. They were magnetic... melted caramel brown in colour, weaving a magic spell as she darted them over everyone present in the room, without stopping at any particular face.

"Sameer, what do you say? Shall we restrict the distribution of these new materials to those states where we are getting good response?" One of the managers asked him directly after Naina took her seat.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें