O dariya zara tham toh jaa ik baar... aaya ranjha mera

So sorry for the delay

Title is the song 'Dariya' from movie 'Baar baar dekho'

It was the time of flooding tide when Naina and Sameer took Ayush to the beach next day. Water came gushing to the coastline in the form of frothy waves, which seemed to be competing with each other as they raced rapidly to drench those who were at the edge.

Sameer tentatively took a step ahead, "Naina, bas itna theek hai. Zyada aage nahi jaana chahiye."

After being to the beach for last three days, Ayush had become more confident, and was ready to frolic in the splashing waves, dressed in his swimming trunks. Sameer's suggestion did not go well with him.

Looking at them, he pouted, "Abhi toh sirf legs pe paani aaya hai. Mujhe aage jaake swimming karni hai papa."

Naina held his arm, smiling gently, "Sea mein bohot aage nahi jaa sakte Ayush, wahan fishes ka ghar hota hai. Unhe disturb hoga. Bas thoda sa aur jayenge. Sab yahin pe swimming karte hain."

Sameer gripped her wrist tight, "Naina, rehne do na. Ayush ko pool mein le jayenge."

She looked at him. He was trying hard to hide his fear.

Blinking in assurance, she held his arm, "Kuch nahi hoga. Main hun tumhare saath."

He stared at her blankly for a moment, till realisation sank in.

"Tum... tumhe kaise pata?" He stuttered, his face flushed in embarrassment.

Naina felt the tug on her other arm as Ayush tried to wade through another wave that washed over their feet. She leaned a bit to come to his level, and explained in soft, yet firm voice, "Yeh pool nahi hai Ayush. Ekdum se aage gaye toh slip ho jayenge. Slowly jaana hai. Thodi der yahan ruk ke phir next step lena hota hai. Okay?"

He bobbed his head, spreading his fingers, "Five minutes ke baad?"

She smiled and nodded. Satisfied that Ayush would not pull her now, she turned to Sameer, who was still red faced.

He swallowed, "Aisa... aisa kuch nahi hai. Main bas Ayush ke liye concerned hun."

"Do din pehle tumne issi jagah pe mujhse kaha tha ki tum sirf meri smile nahi mere aansu bhi baantna chahte ho." She said in a comforting voice, "Main bhi sab kuch baantna chahti hun Sameer."

He closed his eyes for a moment. How could he tell her he was terrified of going under water. He didn't want to be a spoil sport, so he didn't voice his fears till now. However, now that the waves had started to swallow them, he got cold feet. It was one thing to admire the beauty of swirling waves from a distance, but getting into them, and not just feel but taste the brine was giving him jitters. Swimming in a pool was okay because water was still, and he could touch his feet to ground anytime he felt uncomfortable. Even deep side of a pool was bearable, since the depth was known. But here, they had no idea how deep the abyss of ocean was.

"Nai... Naina." His voice was lost in the splash which dunked over them yet again.

She slipped her fingers in the grooves of his hand, "Hum saath mein chalenge. Okay?"

He looked at her. The wave had soaked her to skin. Her hair, which were tied in a pony, were stuck to her back. A few strands that had escaped due to the wind now lingered on her face and neck. Her white top clung to her body like second skin, highlighting the delectable curves of her figure. Denim shorts had turned darker. His heartbeat quickened as his eyes drifted down to her long legs, which glistened as water continued to drench them. Slowly, his eyes travelled up, taking in every detail yet again.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें