Tu ishq ke saare rang de gaya... phir kheench ke apne sang le gaya

Title is the song 'Pal ek pal mein hi tham sa gaya' from movie 'Pal'

Sameer was getting restless when Naina'a mehendi showed no signs of ending anytime soon. Unlike a single heart with her name in it on his palms, Naina's both hands were now marked with intricate pattern which went upto the elbows. Against her gleaming skin it looked alluring but it had taken more than an hour. And now was the turn of her feet. He had no idea mehendi was put on feet as well.

Neither did Naina.

When Preeti told her to slightly pull up her lehenga for this purpose, she found it strange, "Pairon pe kaun mehendi lagwata hai?"

The petite girl in front of her gave her an astonished look, "Dulhan toh hamesha se lagwati thi aajkal ghar ki aur ladkiyan bhi lagwane lagi hain, didi. Aapne pehle kabhi nahi dekha kya?"

The only wedding Naina had attended, she didn't notice Himani's feet which were covered by her heavy lehenga.

Preeti nudged her, "Itna kya soch rahi hai? Tujhe kuch problem hai kya?"

Naina smiled, "Nahi. Koi problem nahi hai. Shaadi mein jo jo hota hai main sab karungi... lekin apne style mein."

When she instructed the girl what she wanted, Preeti flicked her brows in appreciation. Her idea indeed looked more classy than covering up the entire foot. After painting a broad circular design around her ankle, to look like payal, she got a round flower made in the center of her foot.

The girl wasn't sure it would be approved by elders, as most of the  brides went overboard with mehendi. She looked in the direction of Vishakha, urging Naina, "Didi, aap ek baar apni mummy se bhi puch lo. Kahin baad mein woh humpe gussa na karein ki itni kam kyon lagayi."

Preeti patted her back, "Tu chinta na kar. Hum sambhal lenge. Tujhe koi kuch nahi kahega. Aa tujhe payment dilwati hun."

Vishakha liked Naina's mehendi instantly, "Waah Naina. Yeh toh ekdum exclusive design hai. Jo bhi  puche unhe kehna hamare special mehendi wale Rajashthan se aaye the, unka patent design hai. Jisse koi copy na kar sake."

Naina nodded. She had come to understand Vishakha quite well. If anything could bring her praise from the society and her peer groups, Vishakha was always in support of it.

"Ab tum log khana kha lo. Main Rohan aur Sameer ko bolti hun." She looked around.

Naina presumed that she wanted to tell them to eat too. She was surprised when Vishakha asked them to feed their would be wives, who had their hands painted with henna.

Since Naina couldn't get up till the design on her feet dried up, Sameer pulled another low chair and sat next to her.

"Tumhe pata hai, kabse tumhe ghoor raha tha. Lekin tumne ek baar bhi meri taraf nahi dekha. Dekhti toh pata chalta mera haath poore time dil pe hi tha." He whined.

"Sorry." Naina scrunched her nose, "Main itni kho gayi mehendi mein ki time ka pata hi nahi chala. Yeh log aisi mehendi kaise lagate hain. Dekho, tumhara naam itna chuppa ke likha hai ki mujhe hi nahi mil raha." Naina splayed her hands in front of him.

He closely looked at the intricate pattern, "Isme mera naam hai?"

"Haanji." Preeti said loudly from where she was sitting with Rohan, "Lekin abhi nahi dhoondna. Naina, chuppa le apne haath."

She quickly did what Preeti told her, going red as she recollected their discussion when his name was being written in such secretive manner. When the girl did not reply to her query, shyly shaking her head, she had asked Preeti who told her the name was to be searched by the groom on first night. Only then he was allowed to touch his bride.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें