Meri khwahish ke sheher mein bas tera thikana hai

Title is a song 'Dil maang raha hai mohlat tere saath dhadakne ki' from movie 'Ghost'

It was a sleepless night for Naina. Her cheek burned everytime she thought of what Sameer had done. Not just his fingers, she could even feel his lips on her skin. And what baffled her the most was that she loved the feeling. The way he showed his possessiveness, and called her 'Meri Naina', her whole body was covered in sweat even thinking about it. The way his eyes conveyed what he didn't say, she felt a pain churning deep inside her. The way he held her, firmly yet not with force, she never wanted to get away. His closeness was getting addictive.

It was a sleepless night for Sameer as well. He could not shake off the dancing image of Naina from his mind. Her expressions changed with each line, especially in the first song. The longing was visible on her face when she lip synched the verses about pining for her love. How long would he have to wait to see the same yearning in her eyes for himself... the wait was getting unbearable.

Next day being Saturday, Naina made Ayush sleep longer in the afternoon so he could enjoy the wedding without feeling too tired. In her room, she brought out the few formal traditional outfits she had. These were all bought by her mom on Diwali each year. Since they never attended any function of relatives, and for her dad's office circle, she and Ayush rarely accompanied their parents, she had just a small collection. Her phone started to ring before she could make a choice.

Vedika's lively voice boomed, "Sunn Naina, jaldi bata kya pehen rahi hai."

"Umm, soch rahi hun black wala suit pehnu ya blue and yellow. What do you suggest?" She eyed the display on the bed.

"Dono rejected. Lehenga pehenna hai. Yeh bata konse colour ka pehenegi." Vedika huffed.

Naina frowned, "Lehenga? I don't have one."

"Yaar Naina, don't be a disappointment. Shaadi mein suit? Yuckk. Lehenga nahi hai toh jaake leke aa abhi." Vedika commanded, then recalled something, "Wait a minute. Tune ek baar bataya tha ki tujhe ek designer ne lehenga bheja tha... unki shop mein teri dress kharab ho gayi thi isliye. Woh lehenga hai na tere paas?"

The yellow and pink lehenga was stowed away in the bottom shelf of her cupboard since it had come. Naina bent down to check the packet, "Hai toh sahi. Lekin Vedika, maine kabhi bahar lehenga pehna nahi hai. Over lagega shayad."

"Are you out of your mind? Shaadiyon mein kuch bhi over nahi hota. Listen, you have to wear this only. Mujhe company chahiye. Promise me tu lehenga hi pehenegi." Vedika was insistent.

Naina pulled out the bag, and turned it upside down on the bed. The pink lehenga spilled out, along with dupatta and yellow blouse.

"Vedika I'm not sure. Yeh bohot zyada lag raha hai." She placed the dupatta on her shoulder and glanced in the mirror.

"Picture bhej. I'll tell you." Vedika wasn't ready to give in to her excuses today.

After Naina sent her the picture, she assured her it was the perfect outfit for the evening, neither too heavy nor too simple. She also asked Naina to come early as Dhruv had asked for some help with a special surprise that he was planning for his sister.

Ayush was dressed in a bright silk shirt and black jeans when Sameer reached their house in the evening. Since the door was open, he didn't ring the bell and walked in. He was about to call out to Ayush who was sitting with his back to him when Naina rushed out of the kitchen, holding a glass... and he lost his voice.

"Ayush, jaldi se milk shake pi le. Sameer aane wale hain. Humein late ho jayega." She thrust the glass in Ayush's hand and turned, to come face to face with Sameer.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें