Khwabon mein tu mere... chalta hai aaj kal

Title is the MV 'Gungunati rehti hun' by Palak Muchhal, Yaseer Desai

Naina could not believe what she was seeing. A house... which belonged to her and Sameer... their house.

Their home.

"Yeh tumne kab... kaise kiya?" Her eyes, unblinking, were fixed on the wooden plaque, which had her name, with his, inscribed on it.

Sameer looped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her to himself, "Tumhe mountains achhe lagte hain... isliye maine socha ek chota sa ghar... jahan hum aa sakein jab bhi tumhe pahadon mein rehne ka dil kare."

She stared at the two storied villa, "Yeh chota sa ghar hai?"

He smiled, "Tumhare paas jo doosra ghar hai, usse toh bohot chota hai."

She furrowed her brows, turning her gaze to him.

"Agra wala." He looked at her.

A few days after Naina had shifted with him, he was looking for something in the cupboard when a file from Naina's shelf slipped to the floor. Seeing the title 'Hamara ghar', he could not curb his curiosity.

The papers were legal documents of her Agra house, which had been registered in her name. It was dated three years back.  Her parents had transferred the house to her when she turned twenty one. No one could have known about the tragedy that was awaiting them in the coming time.

She turned towards him, taking his hands in hers. In the cold surroundings, his hands were still warm, giving her the comfort she needed, "Ab mera ghar wohi hai Sameer jahan tum ho."

He smiled. Se hadn't fallen back into the dark depths of her memories even at the mention of her previous house. Her genuine happiness was shining in her eyes, which reflected his face.

"Chalein?" He felt lighter.

They walked together to the door. Sameer fished out the keys from his pocket and opened the lock.

It was a beautiful house with a large and airy living room which overlooked a garden, kitchen and two rooms on ground floor. There was an old fashioned fire place on one of the walls, with two cosy chairs around it. Some more comfortable seats were placed, along with a few small side tables. A thick rug on the wooden floor gave it a very inviting appearance. On the other side, next to the kitchen was the dining area, with a table and six chairs.

Wooden helical stairs went up from one corner of the room, towards a lobby on first floor. He led her upstairs, to an open area where three doors could be seen.

"Yahan teen rooms hain. Do bedroom furnished hain. Ek abhi khali hai. Usse Ayush ke liye special room banayenge." He said dreamily.

Naina could feel the excitement in his voice. He always kept Ayush in every dream.

"Usse yahan bohot achha lagega." She looked around at the spacious house. The wooden interiors and less furniture was giving it a warm welcoming feel.

"Mujhe bhi yeh ghar hamesha se pasand tha." A reminiscing smile played on his lips.

"Tum pehle bhi aaye ho yahan?" Naina was surprised.

Sameer looked back at her, "Naina, yeh ghar pehle nanu ke ek dost ka tha. Woh isse rent karte the, jo log weeks ya months ke liye aate hain. Ek caretaker bhi rakha hua hai. Hum log chaar paanch saal se aate hain yahan. Baaki hill stations ki tarah Kasauli mein zyada rush nahi hota, isliye achha lagta hai. Jab tumne ek baar bataya ki tumhe bhi aisi jagah pasand hain toh maine nanu se kaha ki woh apne friend se puche, kya woh yeh ghar humein sell karenge. Thoda manana pada, lekin woh maan gaye. Aur maine yeh tumhare liye khareed liya. Kyonki main tumhe ek aisa ghar dena chahta tha jo tumhari khud ki pasand ho. Waise agar iska design pasand nahi hai toh hum renovate karwa sakte hain. Ya phir tumhe koi aur ghar pasand aata hai toh woh..."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें