Aaya mausam dosti ka

Ayush was thrilled to see the cherries. Though he got little upset initially that 'Naina ke sir' didn't stay back to meet him, the bowl full of cherries made him forget everything when Naina handed it to him.

At night, after tucking him in bed, Naina sat curled up in her chair near the glass door. The evening incident had nettled her. How could she open up so easily to Sameer sir, she couldn't comprehend. But she was even more baffled at his behaviour... how did he know what she was going through, how could he understand her need to unbottle her pain, how did he land up at the precise time when she needed someone!

"Woh toh sirf Ayush ke liye cherries leke aaye the." She tried to convince herself, but failed. He had specifically told her he had come to talk to her. She was amazed at herself too... never had she let any guy enter her orbit. She was friendly, could remain cordial with male friends with ease... but today, she had let her guards down in front of Sameer sir, shown her weaker side. Even in office, when she had told her friends about her past life, the control on her emotions was intact. Then how could the walls crumble now, with Sameer sir? Again, she came up with the justification that he arrived when she was already in a vulnerable state... the mention of her parents and her loneliness could be blamed.

Her eyes gazed up at her celestial companion, "Tum batao, yeh sahi hua ya galat? Unke saath roz kaam karna hai mujhe, senior hain, boss hain mere... aur maine dosti kar li? Hum dost kaise ho sakte hain? Main kaise poora bharosa kar sakti hun unpe? Yeh ghar pe aana, Ayush ke saath milna julna... galat hai na?"

"Nainaaaa." The yell from other room made her scamper to her brother immediately.

Ayush sat up in bed as he saw her, "Cherries khatam ho gayi?"

She shook her head, "Bohot saari hain. Fridge mein rakh di. Lekin abhi nahi milengi, brush kar liya na!"

Ayush cutely slapped his forehead, "Arre main bol raha hun sambhal ke rakhna. Jab tumhare sir ayenge toh hum unhe bhi khilayenge. Unki bhi favourite hain na."

Naina narrowed her eyes, "Tujhe kaise pata?"

"Kal bataya tha. Jab maine kaha cherries mujhe sabse achhi lagti hain toh unhone kaha unhe bhi. Isiliye leke aaye honge na? Jisse hum dono friends saath mein kha sake!" Ayush said matter of factly.

Naina sat next to him, speaking slowly, "Ayush, Sameer sir bohot achhe aur friendly hain, lekin woh office mein mere sir hain na... isliye woh tere friend kaise ban sakte hain? Itne bade bhi toh hain tujhse."

"Unhone bola woh banenge... mere bhi aur tumhare bhi... sachi... pakka promise kiya." Ayush vehemently nodded.

Naina recalled how he had said the same thing to her.

Ayush tugged at her arm, "Naina, main unko apna best friend banaunga. Maine bas one time bola aur unhone cherries laa ke di mujhe, cake bheja, aur ab meri bday party bhi karenge... ban gaye na best friend! Haina? Tum bhi bana lo... woh sabse achhe hain."

Naina looked at the twinkling eyes of her little brother. His innocent heart had accepted Sameer in their life. She could see the joy reflecting on his face. With a soft smile, she hugged Ayush, "Mera best friend toh tu hai, mera Ayush."

He quickly wrapped his small arms around her neck, pecking her on the cheek, "Aur mere two two... tum aur tumhare sir."

When Naina was back in her chair few minutes later, she thought about what Ayush had said. He was surprised how Sameer had remembered his one mention of cherries... and she was astounded at how he could exactly know what she was feeling. She missed mom dad every single day, but on some days, the pain got unbearable. Today was one such moment. And him being here, talking to her, consoling her had a calming effect. She felt lighter.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें