Mannat ke.dhaage aise hain baandhe... toote na rishta tujhse judke kabhi

Title is the song 'Bawara mann' from movie 'Jolly LLB 2'

Naina kept thinking about Sameer's upcoming birthday throughout the week, though it was almost a month away. She wanted to gift him something different... something that could be synonymous to her love for him.

"Naina." Sameer called out her name louder when she didn't respond to him.

"Haan." She jerked her head to look at him. He narrowed his eyes momentarily at her before taking his gaze back to the road. They were on their way home after office.

He frowned, "Main yahan hun phir tum kiske khyalon mein khoyi ho?"

She chuckled, "Kuch soch bhi nahi sakti kya? Aur tumhare khyal mein kyon khoungi jab tum saath hi ho?"

He gave her a quick wink, "Waise kuch planning kar rahi ho kya? Kuch special."

"Kaisi planning?" She wondered if she had mentioned anything in front of him about his birthday yet.

He gave her a knowing look, "Okayyy. Never mind. Tum socho... main wait karunga. I'm sure it will be worth it."

"Tumhe... tumhe kaise pata?" Naina was genuinely surprised. Was she so transparent that just by looking at her he knew she was planning something for his birthday.

A mischievous grin lit up his face, "Tumhare plans mujhe bohot achhe lagte hain. I can't wait to see it."

She sighed, "Wait toh karna padega. Abhi time hai."

His eyes glinted in expectation, "Bas pandrah bees minute mein ghar pohonch jayenge. Don't worry, main sabse keh dunga humein disturb na karein... kuch important discuss karna hai."

It took her a few seconds to understand what he meant. Pursing her lips, she glared at him, "Tum yeh soch rahe the?"

"Tumne hi toh kaha..." He glanced at her, doubt creeping up in his eyes, "Kuch aur? Aur kya?"

"Sameer." She let out an exasperated breath and turned her face to the window, more to hide the colour on her cheeks.

He started to whistle, seeing her smile in the reflection on the window. When she didn't turn for a few minutes, his patience ran out, "Naina, please idhar muh karke baitho na. Mujhe pata hai tum gussa nahi ho, smile kar rahi ho. I can see your reflection."

She turned to him and said in a serious voice, "Tum mujhe dekhne ki jagah road ko dekhoge toh hum dono ki safety ke liye achha hoga."

Sameer smiled at her, "Inn roads pe drive karte hue saalon ho gaye. Main waise bhi safe drive karta hun."

"Roads saalon purane hain lekin traffic roz alag hota hai. Please tum driving pe concentrate karo." She placed her hand on his cheek and turned his face to focus ahead.

He kept his eyes where she wanted, still smiling, "Abhi ke liye road pe concentrate kar leta hun lekin ek baat kahun... main bhi kuch soch raha hun... tumhe surprise karne ke liye."

"Kya?" She asked curiously.

"Bata diya toh surprise kaisa." He winked and switched on the music.

A peppy song filled the interiors of the car

Tere liye hi toh signal tod taad ke
aaya Dilli wali girl friend chod chaad ke

Sameer grinned, "Perfect song."

Naina raised her brows when next lines by the female singer rolled in

Teri aankh da ishara mujhe fraud lage
tu toh majnu awara by God lage

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें