Ban gaya afsaana... ik baat se pehli dafaa

Title is the song by Atif Aslam 'Suna hai suna hai yeh pehli dafaa hai'

"Dekha, aaj bhi bina bole meri wish poori ho gayi iss ghar mein." Sameer whispered lazily, holding Naina in his firm grip, as close as he could.

She didn't have the courage to meet his eyes. The heady feeling that coursed through her was inexplicable. What did he say... she took his breath away... it was him who had rendered her breathless. Nothing she had read in novels had prepared her for this hurricane of raw emotions. Her thoughts were a mess, her heartbeat was chaotic, her nerves were tingling, her skin was melting with his touches... and her lips, they were on fire.

Sameer looked at her flushed face. Her breathing was quick and shallow. Her taste lingered in his mouth, making his thoughts grow scandalous by the minute. Once again, he was fighting with himself in this house. He knew she needed time. But his heart was bursting with ecstasy at the way she had been responding... responding to their growing intimacy. It was hard for him to understand how comfortable she was with his advances, but he was learning to read her reactions. He wanted the acceptance to come from desires of her own heart. He desired her, no doubt, but did she crave for him in the same way. He didn't want her to take a step just for his sake, just because they were married. But the way she was lost in the moment, he smiled, sure that it was just a matter of time.

Leaning, he pressed his cheek against hers. The prick of his stubble made her gasp. Slowly, her hands slipped down from his neck to rest on his chest. He nuzzled in her hair, murmuring softly, "I loved it."

"Me too." Her voice was an inaudible whisper... but he caught it.

With a satiated grin, he lifted his head and cupped her face within his palms, trying to etch every moment in his memory... for ever. Slowly, her lost heartbeat got back the rhythm, her shyness transforming into contentment. The feeling was beautiful.

"Issi room mein ek baar tum mere kandhe pe sar rakh ke royi thi. Issi room mein ek baar tumhari diary mein likhe words se mujhe ahsaas hua tha ki tumhare andar koi bohot gehra dard hai. Tab maine khud ko promise kiya tha ki tumhari aankhon mein dard ki jagah ek din pyar hoga... mere liye." He said in a voice that reflected how much her pain had effected him.

"Aur woh promise poora kar diya tumne, Sameer. Jis dard ka khyal kabhi ek pal ke liye bhi mere dil se nikalta nahi tha, ab pata nahi kahan chhup gaya hai. Ab har pal mein tumhara khyal, tumhara ahsaas rehta hai." She looked up to meet his eyes.

He could see her deep soulful eyes infused with a magnetic charm that pulled him into their velvety depths yet again. Her eyes never failed to captivate him.

"Naina, jab mujhe life mein pehli baar pyar hua tha na, mujhe pata nahi tha uske baad aur itni baar ho jayega." He murmured.

Her smile slowly faded. She was taken aback at this revelation.

Spotting an uncertainty in her eyes, he looked at her intently, "You know how many times I have fallen in love... every time I look into your eyes."

The realisation sank in, making her ease up. The doubt was replaced by a pleased smile.

"Pehli baar tumhari aankhen dekhi thi, toh laga isse zyada khoobsurat duniya mein kuch ho hi nahi sakta. Yaad hai tumhe? Conference room mein I opened the door, and there you were, right in front of me." His eyes twinkled as he thought about their first face to face meet.

She nodded. Even if the encounter had not evoked any feelings in her, she did not get any negative, hateful thoughts at his unblinking stare. Maybe that was the first sign, which she didn't understand at that time.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें