Tumhare bin diwane ka kya haal hai

During the second half of her first day in the new department, Naina was called to the room of senior Mr Maheshwari.

"Naina, mujhe Sameer ne brief kiya tumhari observations ke baare mein. Unhe dekh ke pata chalta hai ki tumhe market trends ki pehchan hai. Tumne pehle bhi issi field mein kaam kiya hai toh pata hi hai ki present market ko understand karna kitna important hai. Humein apne next season ke production ke liye kuch naye ideas chahiye. Since garments ka market women ke liye zyada bada hai, main chahta hun tumhara pehla project issi research ka ho."

"Sure sir. Kaunsi markets explore karni hongi?" Naina instantly agreed.

"Start with the elite ones. Shahpur Jat, Mehrouli, Hauz Khas, Saket... yahan jao pehle. Check the designer stores and big retailers. Uske baad regular markets jaana. Malls bhi dekhenge lekin baad mein. Pehle stand alone places pe focus karo. So, can we start tomorrow?" Nanu looked at her expectantly.

"No issue, sir. Markets usually 11 baje tak open hote hain. Shall I leave around 10:30?" She asked.

Nanu gave her an appreciative smile, "Thoda late niklo, jisse market mein customers ka crowd bhi ho... unke choices pe bhi dhyan dena. Aur haan, pretend to be a customer yourself... agar direct sawaal puche toh koi baat tak nahi karega. Aisa karna, Raju ko leke jaana. Tum nayi ho Delhi mein, pata nahi hoga inn sab areas ke baare mein."

"Main google maps se check kar lungi, sir."  Naina assured him.

Nanu shook his head, "This is official requirement, tumhe apni car leke jaane ki zarurat nahi hai. Raju ke saath hi jaana. Haan, apne google se yeh pata laga lo ki konsa area pehle cover karogi. Ek din mein ek hi jagah jaana, and go on alternate days. Jisse next day wahan ki report bana sako."

At home, Naina studied about the places Mr Maheshwari had mentioned. She decided to begin with Shahpur Jat. It was closest to the office. Amidst the ruins of Siri Fort, a small village had become home to some extremely popular and exclusive boutiques over the years. Narrow, non air conditioned lanes did not deter the chic crowd of Delhi's high society to visit this market place for their traditional formals. She decided to leave after 12, and spend a few hours in the market.

Next morning, as she started to dress up for office, it occured to her that probably her clothes needs to fit the environment too, if she had to go as a customer. Pulling out an elegant outfit from her cupboard she packed it, to change into it when she left for the market.

Sameer had a morning meeting with some clients, at their office. He left almost immediately after arriving, having collected the legal documents that needed to be signed. He had called up Naina on the intercom, but she probably wasn't in the room, he deduced when the phone went unanswered. With a sigh, he left, hoping to be back as soon as possible.

Naina discussed the agenda of the day with nanu, in his room. He gave her a few tips about the general trend of Delhi's shopping culture, normal behaviour of sales people, and what they expected from niche clients.

"Aur haan, agar kuch khareedna bhi pade toh hesitate mat karna. Office ke account se adjust ho jayega... marketing expenditure ke budget mein. You have a free hand." He briefed her.

Armed with the knowledge, dressed in her casual pant suit, Naina left the office before Sameer arrived.

"Nanu, aise kaise... I mean, she's new here... aap kisi ke saath bhej dete." On his arrival, when Sameer came to know about Naina's absence, and the reason for it, he couldn't help but fret.

Nanu adjusted his spectacles as he looked up from the laptop, "Sameer, uska kaam hai yeh. Jab usse koi problem nahi hai toh tu itna pareshan kyon ho raha hai? She's not a kid jo market mein kho jayegi. Arre woh toh mere kehne pe Raju ko leke gayi hai warna akele hi ready thi, google Maps ke saath."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें