Main kholun jo aankhen sirhane bhi tu chahiye

Title is the song 'Tu chahiye' from movie 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'

Sameer struggled to open his eyes, only to find the room still dark. All curtains were drawn, blocking any light from outside. His body felt tired. Groaning softly, he tried to move, when he felt something heavy on his chest. His eyes widened for a moment as he looked down to find Naina snuggling into him. Her hand was resting in the center of his chest, her head lay right over his heart, her hair spilled over her shoulder, partially covering her face, her delicate frame pressed to his side. If it was a dream, he didn't want to wake up. It was the most beautiful dream.

He blinked a few times. She did not disappear. Slowly, last night became clear in his mind. As he became aware of his arm around her, his lips curled into a serene smile. Bringing Naina to accept such normalcy of married life was no less than a feat. He ran his fingers over her hair, gently moving them away to reveal her face.

The touch made her stir. He instantly shut his eyes when her cheek rubbed against his bare chest. Naina opened her eyes a wee bit. First thing she noticed was the absence of quilt over him. Without thinking, she reached for the edge of thick quilt that gathered around their waist, and pulled it up, moving her arm across him to cover him upto the shoulder. Only when her arm came in contact with his skin did her eyes open fully. She glanced up. He seemed to be asleep. Though she could feel his cool skin, she still placed her palm on his forehead, then neck. No fever was a relief. Her eyes drifted to the digital clock on his side table. Time was five in the morning. It was too early to get up. Neither she wanted to. Even though she had slept like this last night only because he wouldn't let her go, she had the most peaceful sleep. Slowly, her arm again meandered across his chest, and she placed her hand on the opposite shoulder, keeping the quilt edge in her grasp to prevent it from slipping away again. Putting her head on his chest, she was about to go back to sleep when her eyes snapped open. The wild thudding under her ear wasn't the relaxed heartbeat of a sleeping man.

Her head tilted back to look up at him.

"Good morning." He whispered, a complacent smile on his face.

"How do you feel?"

He was pleasantly surprised when she didn't shrink away, rather looked comfortable.

"Bukhar ka haal puch rahi ho... ya dil ka?" He quipped.

Again, her reaction was anything but bashful, "Bukhar nahi hai, maine abhi check kiya. Aur dil... mujhe khud apna haal bata raha hai."

His arm around her tightened, his eyes narrowing, "Toh tum sach mein janna chahti ho... how I feel at this moment?"

Finally, her lashes dropped. His gaze had made her cheeks warm. Flustered at the sudden consciousness of their proximity, she wriggled, but his firm hold kept her glued.

"Abhi sirf paanch baje hain, Naina. Subah tak toh mere paas raho." He slightly pulled her up, which made his lips graze her temple as he spoke.

"Aapko tshirt de deti hun. Kahin phir se thand na lag jaaye." She attempted to get up again.

"Mujhe aur kuch nahi chahiye." He gave her a meaningful stare.

Her arm now circled around his neck. She broke into goosebumps, conscious of his bare upper body. He brought her hand from his shoulder and placed it in the center of his chest, "Your touch is healing."

She gulped, "Aap... aapke liye uncomfortable hoga. You need to rest."

"Isse zyada comfortable toh maine aaj tak feel nahi kiya. Sweetheart, this is the most beautiful morning of my life... uss hospital wali subah ke baad." He winked.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें