Dream girl

Naina dropped Ayush at his play school in the morning on Monday. After meeting his teacher and instructing both her and the bus driver to drop him at day care, she left for her office. Google maps helped her to reach there easily. Maheshwari Industries was a posh address in southern part of Delhi. Four floors of a tall building were done up in a swanky manner to make it a modern and functional office. Liberal use of glass gave it an open and brighter look, as compared to her previous office which was as dark as the dress code it had imposed.

Naina was dressed up in a formal white shirt with beige coloured trousers. She had tied her hair in a pony. With a little makeup to highlight her eyes and lips, she confidently stepped into the office at sharp ten in the morning.

"Good morning, sir. I'm Naina Agarwal." She introduced herself the moment she entered the cabin shown to her.

Nanu gave her a warm smile, "Very good morning, Naina. You're punctual. Good. Take a seat please."

Naina sat on the chair opposite Mr Jai Prakash Maheshwari.

"Jaisa maine pehle hi bataya tha, yeh job ek personal assistant ki hai. Rohan, mera grandson, production unit handle karta hai. Aap usko assist karengi. I know aapki qualification different field mein hai lekin..."

"It's absolutely okay with me, sir. Mujhe koi problem nahi hai. You be rest assured, main aapko ya Mr Maheshwari ko koi shikayat ka mauka nahi dungi." Naina chipped in, seeing the old man hesitate.

Nanu nodded, "That's wonderful."

He pressed the bell to call an office boy and asked him to summon Rohan.

"Kya hua, nanu?" Rohan asked as he opened the door.

Seeing Naina seated in the room as he walked in, he understood the reason.

"Rohan, Naina Agarwal se milo. Aaj se tumhe assist karengi." Nanu waved a hand at her, smiling.

Naina stood up immediately, nodding at her new boss, "Good morning, Mr Maheshwari."

Rohan smirked, "Good morning toh theek hai lekin doosri baat aapki galat ho gayi, Miss Naina."

"Sorry sir?" She was perplexed... she had said nothing except greeting him.

Nanu came to the rescue, "Naina, Rohan Somani hai yeh, Maheshwari nahi... meri beti ka beta, mera naati."

"I'm so sorry, sir, I had no idea." Naina flushed.

Rohan chuckled, "No problem. Waise aap mujhe Rohan hi bulaiye."

Naina slightly pressed her lower lip. She didn't want to come to first name basis with her boss, who also happened to be the owner of the company.

"Rohan, Naina ko main Shantanu ke paas bhej raha hun, woh tumhare unit ki functioning aur inka job profile samjha denge." Nanu picked up the intercom.

Rohan stopped him, "It's okay, nanu. Main Naina ko Mr Shantanu se introduce karwa dunga."

Nanu nodded in acceptance. Naina followed Rohan who took her to the cabin of his manager on the floor above them. Shantanu was a harassed looking middle aged man, who instantly smiled in relief the moment he came to know why Naina was appointed.

"Don't worry, Rohan. Main brief kar deta hun. Post lunch, she can join you." Shantanu assured Rohan.

In next two hours, Naina was given a tour of the entire floor. The factory was located at a different place in the city, on the outskirts. Shantanu told her that after she got versed with the working of the office here, he would also take her to the factory one day, for better understanding. Naina met the other employees. When she went back to Rohan's office sometime later, he was pleased with the way she had grasped everything in half a day. A cubicle next to his cabin was assigned to Naina. She was given a new laptop, which already had company details in the system, along with the OS used by everyone that connected each division.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें