Dehleez pe mere dil ki jo rakhe hain tune kadam

The title song is 'Jeena jeena' from the movie 'Badlapur'

Sameer carried the heated food in two plates to the room.

"Sameer, Naina ko fever hua hai. Uske liye koi medicine nahi hai." Ayush said the moment he saw him.

"Naina, fever hai tumhe?" Sameer controlled his urge to touch her forehead and find out for himself.

"Nahi. Nahi mujhe kuch nahi hua. I'm fine." She immediately replied with a flushed face, avoiding to look at him.

"Tumne hi kaha tumhe fever hai." Ayush gave her an accusing look.

"Woh... woh shayad... weakness ki wajah se feel hua." She swallowed, giving a quick glance to Sameer.

"Isiliye khaana khana zaruri hai... a simple fact jo tum samajhti nahi ho." Sameer placed the plate in front of her.

She looked at Ayush, "Tu khayega? Tere liye soup leke aaun?"

Ayush shook his head.

"Achha toh dinner mein kya khayega? Main wohi banaungi jo tujhe mann hoga." Naina asked again. Along with the concern for Ayush's health, she wanted to occupy the silence with some conversation, not with Sameer, if possible.

It wasn't possible... the answer came from Sameer, "Ab tum kuch nahi banaogi. You'll take rest. Hum dinner order kar lenge."

"No way. Main Ayush ko bahar ka khana nahi khane dungi." She said adamantly.

"Naina, Ayush ke liye tumne already soup banaya hua hai. Fever mein zyada kuch khaya nahi jaata. Uske liye soup kaafi hai. Par tumhe proper dinner karna chahiye. You tell me your choice, main order kar dunga. And please, ispe zid mat karna." Sameer's voice turned softer.

Ayush kept flickering his gaze between the two of them, as they sat on his either side with their food. Sameer was relieved to see that she finished everything that he had brought. She took back the plates to the kitchen, assuring him that she was fine when he wanted to help.

An hour later, Ayush asked to go out on the terrace. It hadn't rained since morning. With scanty clouds and cool breeze, the weather was pleasant. Sameer picked him up and took him out. Naina stayed behind to straighten his bed and arrange his room as she hadn't done so in the morning for this room.

"Nainaa. Tum bhi aao na." Ayush called out to her few minutes later.

The moment she went out, he spread his arms to come to her. Before Sameer could stop him, Naina had effortlessly taken Ayush in her arms. He marvelled at how she managed to be so comfortable, walking around with Ayush easily as she talked to him in soothing voice. Ayush smiled at something she said, and tightened his arms around her neck, placing a kiss on her cheek. Naina smiled fondly at him, rubbed her nose with his, and kissed the tip of his nose, speaking in a mellifluous voice, "I love you."

It stirred something inside Sameer. Not just the words but the deep love in her voice showed how soft her heart was... which she tried to hide behind an impassive and aloof exterior.

"I also love you." Ayush tilted his head, beaming at her.

"I love you too." Sameer's voice made Naina give a startled look to him, her heart losing a beat.

He walked slowly towards them, his eyes on Ayush, one corner of his lips stretched into a smile, "Jab koi I love you bolta hai toh kehte hain I love you too. Okay?"

Ayush grinned, waving his head.

If Naina thought she could breath easy, Sameer wasn't done yet. He leaned, bringing his face dangerously close to her, his eyes fixed on Ayush. She stopped breathing altogether. He didn't shift his gaze from Ayush, still having a half smile, "I love you."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें