CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Third Person's Point of View

"Y/N L/N... the daughter of Y/F and Y/M L/N, a citizen of Trost District." Nile put down his document, knowing the story in his mind.

He didn't thought of the time that he'll have to release Y/N's background and so, he didn't put her file on his proposal.

He started out slow, still guilty about what he's about to say.

"Born 16 years ago to parents Y/F and Y/M L/N, who were travelers. There were no records showing where they lived before they settled in Trost but the only information we have is that they bought their house in Trost exactly 16 years ago." Nile looked at Y/N, whose face was expressionless, almost like she's about to go to sleep out of boredom.

"The townspeople doesn't know much about the L/N family, because they were not seen around town by the time. No one knew that they even had a daughter either because Miss Y/N was never let out of their home since her birth."

Everyone was silent, and were listening intently on the story Nile Dok is feeding all of them.

Armin was sad to hear about what Y/N has been through, and squeezed her hand to comfort her. Y/N still had a bored look on her face and didn't respond at all from the gesture Armin did.

It's like she doesn't know what Armin is doing at all. It made Armin concerned about her, as this is the first time he saw Y/N this quiet and reserved.

"The last record that we found in our archives, was when the L/N family went to the Interior for the annual Festival. This was the first time we had records of Miss Y/N L/N's existence, who were 10 years old by the time."

"Y/N." Armin called her name gently.

Y/N was startled and jumped on her seat lightly before turning to face Armin. "Yeah?"

"I-I'm sorry..." He said, tearing up.

Y/N looked at him with that unreadable eyes of hers for a few seconds before speaking in her cold voice, quite weird for her to use when talking to Armin. 

"Don't worry about it, kid." She shortly said and shifted her attention to Nile again.

"It was this day her parents mysteriously disappeared, and Miss Y/N L/N was left on the streets of the Capital Mitras alone."

Eren's attention also went to Y/N's face. He wondered how long she can stay in that fake expression she wore. 

'Ten years? She's stuck in a house for ten years?'

Eren hated being caged, not being free. He hated being inside the walls because he felt so small. 

But hearing that Y/N was stuck in a smaller space than him kinda made him have a soft spot for her.

"She found herself in front of Vita's Chocolate shop and the woman took her in. Y/N stayed with her for a week until the Military Police took Miss L/N away to place her back in Trost, where she's supposed to be. The only relative her parents have is an unnamed uncle who died years before she was even born."

Y/N saw Eren's eyes that were full of pity and she muttered a 'tsk', clearly not pleased about the whole situation. She hates looking weak, and now everyone in the courtroom found out about the secret she's been trying her best to hide.

She knew it was necessary to tell everyone.

Levi is there. 

And if he's listening to Nile, then he knows about her background now.

She took a glance at Levi to look for any reaction from him but came up empty handed. The man stared directly to Eren as if he can't hear anything.