2022 VALENTINE SPECIAL (PART FIVE)

Y/N L/N's Point of View

Have you ever felt the air around you get heavy after a confrontation? It's not scientifically possible but it's real.

Because after I said those words, I felt all the hope Levi felt come crashing down.

I felt his disappointment send shivers to my spine, leading my heart to feel like it's under cardiac arrest.

He probably thought my next words will make him feel better but no, they made him feel worse.

His eyes shifted from one place to another, trying to find what words to say after that revelation.

I felt that I needed to remedy the situation as fast as possible so I tried to.

"Wha-" He stuttered but I interrupted him, squeezing his hand comfortingly.

"I am Mason's fiance until I find someone that I'd want to introduce to my parents that'll replace him. I am an engaged woman right now. And it will only change if I get another proposal. If... you and I decide to get married in the future. Which is very far from now."

I hope that hearing this can help him sort out his emotions.

"This is why I didn't want you to find out! Not this early in the relationship, at least. I don't want to make you feel weird. Or... pressured to be serious with me. I mean, not everyone will be fond of the idea of dating an engaged person even when they're separated from their fiance. It feels wrong, doesn't it?" I asked him, trying to find the answer in his eyes.

He kept his quiet, staring at the ground.

I wonder what he's thinking right now?

But I need to carry on, we need to finish this conversation.

Levi needs to know what the whole situation means and what it means to be associated with someone like me.

"This is one of the reasons why I was hesitant to find a boyfriend before I met you." I saw his eyes display a whole new shade of hurt and I panicked. "Please don't blame anyone for not telling you, my friends don't know, I never told them because it's just so hard to explain but it happened! You're-"

"Y/N."

I stopped short when I felt a warm embrace enveloping me.

The air was cold but with him hugging me just like this, everything feels warm and fuzzy and just... great.

I can feel his rigid breathing on the side of my neck, providing more heat to me.

He's quiet.

But he seems okay.

I smiled even if he can't see. "But I assure you, you don't need to freak out, Levi. It's just to secure my hand. If Mason ever finds a girl that he wants to marry, then the contract's off. And if I decide to marry, it's off. So you don't have to worry so much. It's just that, I didn't want you to find out because it's weird. It's weird that I'm involved with somebody else this way. It's like, splitting myself into two parts."

He chuckled at the last part, making me laugh lightly too. I settled my chin on his shoulder, hugging him more tightly. "Don't worry, I don't think my parents are trying to tie me to Mason, at least, not at the moment. They're just... taking the reigns for a while, I guess. We're basically just each other's back ups in the future. I know they say it's because they see a love connection between he and I but... to be honest, I disagree."

He let go of me so he can take a good look at my expression. "Why is that?" He asked softly, brushing the hair that fell in front of my face and to the back of my ear.