CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

Third Person's Point of View

"Eren." Mikasa mumbled.

The light coming from the sun shone through curtains of the small window of Eren's room. It danced around the purple flowers on the vase atop the table, making it sway on all directions.

Eren Jaeger had just woken up with a bandage on his head, staring at Mikasa with a wide-eyed gaze, as if he's still half-asleep.

There were four people inside the room.

Mikasa, who's sitting on the chair next to Eren's bed.

Jean,  who's leaning on the wall on the right side.

And Armin, who's standing idly behind Mikasa.

These people were all very quiet, no one daring to speak a word except Mikasa.

"Do you feel alright?" Mikasa continued.

Slowly, Eren sat up from his bed, gasping a little bit as he struggled to do so. "Yes. It's weird how normal I feel. I guess Annie is still stuck in there?" Eren asked before looking down on his lap.

"Mhm." Mikasa quietly hummed.

"Damn. That big of an operation, all for nothing. Many died and got injured. And one of those people were Y/N." Jean muttered in annoyance, crossing his arm on his chest.

"...Y/N?" Eren asked, turning his head to Jean's direction.

"You don't remember?" The blonde boy from the back chimed in, worry sinking in.

"Remember what?" Eren asked again, looking back and forth at the two men.

"You slapped her away. In your Titan form. She tried to stop you from eating Annie." Armin replied, looking down at the floor out of distress.

Armin, he's worried about Eren. But he's worried about Y/N's sake too.

It was a good thing that someone managed to catch her fall, or else she would've died.

And for what? Nothing.

Because Annie had hidden away inside her crystal.

"I did what?! How is she?!" Eren asked again, not believing anything his friends are saying.

He doesn't remember anything about injuring Y/N.

Even with their banters, he knew that he cared for her somehow and he knew he would never hurt her.

So how did that happen?

"We don't know yet, but she did passed out after Captain Levi rescued her from you. She's in a room a few doors from here." Jean replied, rolling his eyes at Eren.

Sure, he doesn't blame Eren for it because he was unconscious. And he did a very difficult job that day.

But he can't help but get irritated by the fact that it's their ally that hurt Y/N, even if it was just an accident.

An accident that could've taken her life.

Even Annie couldn't lay a hand on her, but he did? When he's supposed to be the one protecting them?

Intending to stop the talk about Eren injuring Y/N, Armin continued on their last topic of conversation. "Annie went that far to keep her information safe."

"Yes. She slipped right through our fingers." Jean agreed.

"Eren let her get away."

Almost in sync, Eren and Jean turned their heads to look at Armin out of pure confusion. But Mikasa... she wasn't surprised at all.