CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Third Person's Point of View

"The old Scout Regiment headquarters

"The old Scout Regiment headquarters... just as you'd expect from a renovated castle, it looks fancy and all. But being so far from the wall and the river, it wound up being totally useless for the Scouts." Oluo Bozado said in his low voice, with him still riding his horse.

The commander and other members of the Survey Corps didn't come with the Levi squad, as their commander was too busy with paper work and planning the next expedition.

He will meet them there after a few hours, after he finished up on his tasks.

They only met up to discuss the route to the abandoned castle, and gave the two new recruits their Survey Corps cloaks and jackets.

The only people riding their horses right now to get to the castle are Levi, Eren, Oluo, Eld, Gunther, Petra, and Y/N.

Quite the unusual bunch, isn't it?

They all embarked on their journey to get to the castle, with Eren the only one using the cloak to conceal himself.

The scenery is quite beautiful, green trees and their fruits are abundant, birds chirping in the background and the earthy smell enveloping all of their bodies.

"That was back in the early days, when everybody had high hopes. Still, to think that this oversized decoration would end up as the perfect holding place for you now..." Oluo trailed.

Eren listened to his stories, but he felt a gaze lingering on his back.

He turned around, only to see that it was their captain, Levi, that's the one sending him those

They locked eyes, and Eren was quick to face the front again in fear of his captain.

He's quite awkward around him, scared that he might do something that'll tick him off and get himself beaten up again.

Other than that, Eren just doesn't want their captain to look at him in disappointment.

Right now, Eren is currently surrounded in their formation. Petra Ral and Levi on the back, Y/N on his right, Oluo on his left, Eld and Gunther in front.