CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

Third Person's Point of View

"But don't worry. I'll savor the information that I'll pry from you instead."

Annie's eyes widened and her still foot moved to kick all the weapons from the side that her leg could reach.

The weapons caused a massive amount of dust, concealing what's happening on the ground where Annie was lied in as everyone tried to scramble away using their omnidirectional gears.

Mikasa was one of the first people to land safely atop a roof. "She broke free?"

"Looks like we didn't set enough traps! Don't let her escape! After her!" Hange commanded.

The three, Jean, Armin, and Y/N, ran on the rooves to obey Hange's orders before launching their gears up in the air as they jaw clenches from the pressure of their mission.

'Those who can't abandon anything can't change anything!'

Armin's words rang inside Eren's head like a broken record, playing over and over again as his face stayed still as the rock surrounding him, eyes so unmoving you can see the darkness making its way to his soul.

'I know. I failed before when I clung to my friends and the bond we shared. Think back.', He thought.

Mikasa flew on the air with four other troops, hurrying after a furious Annie. The Titan broke a building and threw the debris behind her shoulders, which the five soldiers safely avoided.

Eren remembered the lives they lost. His comrades, the Levi Squad, and most of all, his mother. This prompt him to move, despite the sharp wood stabbed deeply on his chest.

Grunting, he sat up from his position, bringing the wood closer to his chest, burying it more on his body.

'I'm going to drive them out. No. Kill them!'

Mikasa managed to catch up to Annie but the Titan messed with the girl's gear wire. Mikasa almost fell to the ground, but she used the gas to lessen her impact and broke her fall.

'There's no time to think whether it's right or wrong. Just act. Don't try to end things all nice and neat!'

"Mikasa!" Armin screamed.

The girl stayed still on the ground, as if she's unconscious. Without second thought, Y/N broke away from the group and went after the black haired girl.

"Y/N!" Jean called, but she won't listen to him at all.

'We live in a cruel world!'

A deafening lighting struck from up above and landed on Eren's exact location.

Nile looked back in shock, his and the other MP's guns still pointed to Erwin. But the blonde man kept his composure, and so did his second hand man.

"Now what?!" An MP screamed in disbelief.

A few more seconds and the bright yellow light vanished. Annie gazed on the sky, stopping on her feet.

The ground shook and shook, the buildings trembling as another humungous Titan appeared out of nowhere, on its way to fight the Female Titan.

The Military Polices stationed by the rooves turned to look, and there he goes.

Eren Jaeger's Titan, running on his feet and threw a powerful punch to Annie's cheek.

From the impact, Annie's back crashed through a building, destroying it completely.

Kneeling next to Mikasa's unconscious body, Y/N looked up when she heard the loud noise and then stared at Eren's form.