CHAPTER FOUR

Year 850, 2 years since the cadets started the training.

Third Person's Point of View

"Pick up the pace! Run, you lead-footed laggards!" Commandant Keith Shadis shouts as the 104th Corps ran through the wet and muddy terrain.

Y/N ran fast but with ease. The only person who's able to keep up with her is Mikasa Ackerman. Shadis is currently shouting at Armin Arlert, He's not much when it comes to physicality but his brain totally is the best. He memorized all the strategies and terminologies that'll be used for future use.

Many wondered why Y/N was able to be at the top of class when she's one of the smallest person around. She excels just like Mikasa, a tall and lean woman. She's silent, only talks when someone asked her to. 

But she's very talkative when Eren Jaeger is around. Y/N figured as much.

What did happen for the past 2 years?

The cadets started the training just a day after their altitude exams.

Flashback...

The cadets have been tasked to go rock climbing and get to the top without harnesses. 

Y/N smirked. There's a reason as to why she's not scared even a little bit but no one's going to know about that for quite some time. After all, she's a very secretive person. Y/N took off her white, long sleeved shirt, leaving her on her sports bra.

Pretty much every man there got flustered while the women looked at her with weirdness. But there's a specific thing you'll notice on Y/N's body. Her body is toned, muscular, but not too buffed. She has very defined collarbones and faded scars on her arms. A teenager is not supposed to have that.

"What happened to you?" Ymir asked Y/N after she took off her shirt. 

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

When everyone shook in fear of death, Y/N gladly faced it head on. It wasn't to show off, the reason on why she took off her shirt. 

She has very reasonable logic. First, her white blouse is going to get dirty when she climbs the tree. Second, her shirt won't probably get that dirty after all because it'll tear on the sharp rocks. She walked a few steps backwards for a head start and ran towards the wall in full speed.

It may seem unconventional but it helped her boost herself up. She climbed the wall like a skilled monkey. A beautiful, sarcastic, monkey. For some, it may take quite some time but she managed to get on top in less than 10 minutes. A few students died in attempting to do so.

That's the life of a soldier.

-

Present time...

"Agh! I'm so exhausted. I need food!" Sasha whined as she clutched her stomach in agony. Is she overreacting or not? Y/N took a stale bread from her bag and threw it to Sasha who happily caught it.

"I swear to god, she's so gluttonous. Aren't you going to eat that for later though, Y/N?" Jean asked Y/N who's sitting on the makeshift chair made from a big tree log. "Worried as usual, Jean my love. Would you rather have me give you the food rather than Sasha?" Y/N fake flirted and blew him a flying kiss.

Jean rolled his eyes and laughed. "There she is again. Will you ever stop trying to flirt with everyone?" Connie asked and gave her a funny look.

"Never, my dear Connie. Love is a game and you will never win if you won't play in the first place." Y/N replied and winked at him.