CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT

Third Person's Point of View

As everybody in the Survey Corps is in killing mode, there goes Y/N on the side with some of her friends around her.

She tried sitting up from her position with Eren and Connie supporting her by the arm and back but she couldn't move her limbs at all.

Literally.

Y/N let out a breathy laugh as she winced, her facial muscles the only thing she can move from her body at the moment.

Eren's eyebrows furrowed in worry as he kneeled down next to her, hands that doesn't know where they should be because of the panic taking over. "Jesus, Y/N! What happened to you? And why are you here? Hange-san told us you were recovering! I can't believe you asked her to lie for you." He grimaced, staring at her with so much repulsion but his worry is just too big for him to stay mad.

In truth, if there's anything he's about, it's not the fact that Y/N made Hange lie for her, it's about her going on a dangerous mission by herself.

She laughed again, with Connie still supporting her upper torso. With her energy depleted, she can actually feel her injury right now unlike earlier.

Even laughing hurts her, as laughing makes her rib and stomach move.

Her squinting eyes met his, indicating that a sassy reply will come out of that smart mouth. "Are you that stupid, Jaeger? Of course, Hange doesn't know I'm here. Use your head for once. As big as your Titan is, the size of your brain equals to a pebble."

One of Eren's eyebrow shot up in anger. He was only worried, why is she being such a bitch right now? "Well, you're-" 

Eren tried to fight back but a huge hand suddenly clasped him by the shoulder, stopping him from speaking out. It was Reiner Braun. "Eren, can you give us a few minutes alone with Y/N? We need some private time alone with her."

The Titan shifter can take note of the clenching of Reiner's jaw. He felt that there is some serious matter they're gonna discuss to Y/N. Something was off but what else can he do but oblige? It's not like he can just demand them to tell him what it is they want to talk to Y/N about, they can just lie their way out of his questions.

"Sure," Eren stared at Y/N worriedly for a few seconds, hoping that the conversation won't be such a pain in the ass. ".. Reiner." He said last then left.

After Eren jogged off, all that was left on the little circle were Reiner, Bertholdt, and Connie. The three people who've seen Y/N switch consciousness with Entity back when Ymir was fighting the Titans surrounding the castle.

Y/N stared at the sky nonchalantly, waiting for whatever outburst Reiner will let out.

And a few more seconds, it came.

"Y/N, what the hell was that?" Reiner asked, staring down at her with so much confusion in his eyes. His voice sounds hurried but he hushed, making sure no one else can hear what he asked except the people around him. His eyebrows furrowed as he crossed his arms, settling them on his chest.

What happened earlier... it shook Reiner to the core. It shook all of them, rather.

Even now that it's all done and Y/N's here, lying on the ground, he still can't make sense of whatever happened an hour ago.

It's something he can't explain at the moment but he knows he might be able to make sense of any of it if Y/N can just cooperate with him.

In a second, Y/N's carefree expression left her face and in replaced a grim one. "Didn't I say no questions asked?" She responded calmly but still irritated.