CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

Third Person's Point of View

Before the sharp end of her blade can meet his throat, a pair of strong arms enveloped her waist in the last moment to stop her from killing her superior.

Eren, who only snapped out of his stressful situation, finally managed to make out an answer.

"Will you guys please be quiet?!" He yelled, looking at everyone with anger.

Only then did Eren realize that Y/N's not in her defensive-offensive position anymore, but is now held tightly by the Captain Levi, his arms circled around her waist to restrain her, not letting her access to any mobility.

Her dagger fell from out of her grasp, eyes wide once she felt his warm palms resting on her covered skin.

'This guy...!'

The metal didn't have that much of a sound once it hit the ground, as the grass muffled its sound.

Her back pressed tightly against his chest, her cheeks slowly burned to a faint color of red.

He wasn't supposed to restrain her like this, but was left no choice but to do it as her action took everyone by surprise.

It didn't sunk into him that quickly that she'll kill one of his men right there in front of him.

He'd always thought the girl is just all bark but no bite, but now... she's proven him wrong.

He was taken aback, and tugging Y/N by the waist was Levi's best and only option.

There is no malice into this.

There is no problem with this... right?

Y/N turned her head away, letting her hair cover her flustered cheeks.

She didn't want these people, especially the captain, see her this discomposed.

For God's sake, she's Y/N L/N, the only flirt they have in the 104th Cadet Corps.

For the queen of flirts to blush crimson red over something as silly as this, she hates it.

After Oluo fell backward, he supported his body by the elbow as he panted from the fear of getting killed.

"C-Captain... you saved me....!" He muttered under his breath.

"Y/N. Calm down." Hearing her first name roll out from his lips, it was terrifying for her.

Levi whispered her name as the girl remained quiet out of this weird trance she's in.

She can hear his voice all so clear, feel his hot breath on her ear, and can take notice of her own chest racing like she just ran a full marathon.

There was only silence in the area until Hange's loud mouth broke the quietness of the group.