CHAPTER EIGHTY-SIX

Third Person's Point of View

Y/N's smile got wider.

"I was born and raised here, you big idiot. I didn't need to come in."

Silence.

It is silence that surrounded them for a few seconds before a bird flew past, chirping as it went.

The two boys, Reiner and Bertholdt, froze when they heard Y/N respond to that.

They didn't know what to say, but one possibility is lurking inside their minds.

If Y/N is born and raised in Paradis Island... then there would be two or more Possessed people inhabiting the place. Her parents, probably her whole family.

Which means more threat to them.

If these Possessed people side with Paradis, if they know anything about Reiner's and Bertholdt's mission... consider this mission a big fucking fail.

Reiner was the only one who managed to find his voice. He gulped down his nervousness. "Wha- How many of you are still here in this Island?! Don't tell me you're going to help them?! This is bad. With many of you here in their side-"

Y/N herself, they don't even know what her plan is. Hell, they don't even know why a Possessed person would enlist to the Survey Corps.

There's far more greater use for a Possessed. For one, they're great in battle. It's in their blood to be soldiers, their ancestors basically descended from soldiers who fought in the war for their country.

But fight Titans? For people who are clueless and ignorant?

They can fight for literally anyone in the world, why settle in Paradis Island?

The girl can see the panic rising from their eyes. She can sense their worries, she can even see the sweat forming on their foreheads from it.

Another thing about Possessed people are their heightened senses. As Reiner have said, they have superior skills, more power and speed, faster reflexes and reaction time, practically immune to all diseases and highly intelligent. 

She's won.

Y/N leaned back again on her arms, rolling her eyes on the process to toy with the two boys once more. "See, everything you say sounds blah blah blah in my head."

One of a manipulator's tactic is debasement. It is the act of reducing the value of something. Cheapening it. And right now, that is exactly what Y/N is doing.

What she said is big news, Reiner and Bertholdt are right to freak out over it.

But in order to manipulate them even more, all she needs to do is act like the important stuff... isn't important at all.

Instead, she'll be downplaying everything.

"I don't get a single shit from anything you're saying, dude! I don't even know anything so stop panicking, you look like a bitch!" She then laughed hysterically.

No, really. She doesn't know a lot.

But isn't it a great time to manipulate someone to make them give her the information?

Reiner and Bertholdt still haven't moved nor reaction. It's like they're still like a rock now because they still don't know if Y/N's being truthful or not, that maybe she's just bluffing. She seems to love messing with them so from now on, they'll try their best to not let her take control of the situation.